Welwyn Garden City
22 days ago
About the role
The role is within the UK Central FP&A team where you'll be operating at the heart of the business. This team lead's the financial planning process, track delivery against plans and business partner central functions.
A great opportunity for the perfect entry into Tesco, as it offers exposure to many parts of finance, the wider business and senior stakeholders.
Within this role you'll be responsible for providing business partnering on central costs, including insightful review of performance reports (budgets, forecasts and actuals) and managing the annual planning cycle
You will be responsible for
- Lead & manage the planning process across 12 functions
- Finance Business Partner to Senior executives in central functions
- Develop baseline strategic objectives & drivers in line with group targets & business priorities.
- Incorporate all business assumptions & planned initiatives into cost base forecast.
- Manage & consolidate forecasts & budgets
- Create Long Term Plan (LTP) and budget scenarios.
- Coordinate the rolling forecast process.
- Manage extended Teams in India to deliver standard periodic performance packs
- Provide detailed commentary on key performance drivers in relation to forecast building blocks.
- Update budgets based on inputs received from the business as part of performance review meetings.
- Track and report HO spend vs. budget periodically and share with functions for wider communication and action.
- Support and monitor the implementation of corrective actions.
You will need
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Experience in managing large scale budgets
- Experience of engaging and working with senior business stakeholders
- Effective financial analysis skills
- Ability to work against tight time lines
- Strong operational discipline
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’.
Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we’re finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package and significant career development opportunities.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses