£40000.00 - £42000.00 per annum + Bens
6 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Permanent Finance Manager role, progressing to FC, Stratford Upon Avon, up to £42,000 plus bonus and benefits.
Your new company
Hays Senior Finance are proud to be working on an exclusive basis on behalf of this growing, dynamic, welcoming SME, based in Stratford Upon Avon, to recruit a Finance Manager. The Finance Manager is responsible for all aspects of financial control, forecasting and reporting, providing analysis of financial information to ensure financial targets are being met or exceeded. Reporting to the Managing Director, you will also be responsible for managing the finance team, ensuring compliance and advising the Management team of financial risk. This role will evolve with the growing company into a Financial Controller role in the future.
Your new role
Key responsibilities include:
- Overall management of the Finance team (3) ensuring skills and experience are appropriate to the scope and quality of the service to be delivered to the business.
- Maintain the company's accounting records ensuring that all control accounts are reconciled in an accurate and timely manner.
- Preparation of monthly Management Accounts to include profit and loss account, balance sheet and cash flow, KPIs against budget and to report these at monthly meetings.
- Maintaining the company cashflow model.
- Monitoring Cash Flow on an ongoing basis.
- To assist the Managing Director to prepare annual budgets, split by month and business area and monitor performance regularly against them, adjusting YTD forecast with actual results.
- To lead and implement weekly review sessions with Commercial and Operations teams.
- Managing other accounts staff within the team in an effective and professional manner, embracing the Benchmark commitment to valuing and supporting all staff. Carry out annual performance reviews with all team members.
- Accumulate timesheets and other details for the preparation of the company payroll. Ensure that the monthly payroll run is accurate and all staff are paid on time.
- Reconcile payroll costs and issue P60s to employees.
- Make appropriate staff pension payments and liaise with pension providers as required.
- Prepare statutory accounts, corporate tax returns and VAT returns in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepare information for annual tax, P11D and Companies House returns and make payments on time.
- Report to Managing Director and provide up to date information on company performance including project profitability reports.
- Maintain Fixed Asset Register.
- To issue unique project reference numbers to Managers and import into SAGE.
- To develop project profitability reports monthly.
- To perform internal financial controls reviews as required.
- To process supplier invoices and credit card statements into SAGE in a timely manner each month and reconcile statements.
- Ensure best terms are agreed with all suppliers and pay accordingly. Provide quarterly reports.
- Ensure a positive and constructive relationship with the bank is maintained and overdraft KPIs are met.
- To develop and maintain internal financial control systems for completeness of income control over expenditure and safeguarding of assets.
- Liaise with external accountants regarding year end statutory accounts and corporation tax, as required.
- To prepare for audits and liaise with auditors providing information to them in an accurate and timely manner.
What you'll need to succeed
We are looking for people to embrace the clients fun and hard working culture. You will have a demonstrable understanding of professional accounting practices, with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. you will be ambitious, and ideally have staff management experience. You will be well presented, and have hands on SME finance experience. Fully qualified or qualified by experienced will be considered.
What you'll get in return
In return, you will receive a basic salary of £40,000 - £42,000 dependant on experience, a flexible 35 hour working week, Monday to Friday 9:00 - 5:00, 25 days holiday, discretionary bonus at Christmas, 5% Pension, free on site parking plus much more.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.