Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
13 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Finance Manager - Sheffield - Up to £35,000
Your new company
Your new company is a public sector organisation, growing rapidly in stature and size. It is an organisation which is highly thought of in its specialism and will offer further opportunities as it continues to grow.
Your new role
Your role will be that of a Finance Manager, based in Sheffield at the head office, with travel to further sites within the organisation during the working week, with flexible working and flexible home working available.
Further roles and responsibilities include;
- Month end accounts
- Budgets and forecasts
- Monitoring the overall performance of the finance function within the designated businesses in the allocated area
- The direction of the finance service ensuring a customer led approach, support for other businesses based teams and the training of finances processes within those academies
- Ensure that the businesses comply with their obligations and responsibilities as set out by specific guidelines.
- To advise and support the Executive Finance Director and CEO in the financial aspects of their responsibilities as the Trust Accounting Officer and Chief Finance Officer.
- Provide financial management reports for the Executive Finance Director for meetings.
- Ensure compliance and monitoring of the financial scheme of delegation.
- Supporting the Head of Finance and Executive Finance Director with strategic planning and scenario planning developing financial projections and plans for business wide development.
- Providing routine financial management reports to the Head of Finance and Executive Director of Finance support effective financial monitoring against budget plans.
- Lead on identifying key financial risks and their mitigations as part of the wide risk matrix and risk management process.
- Ensure best financial practice is observed and carried out within the allocated area.
- Ensure that you as a Finance Manager support and contribute to the termly conferences.
- Preparation of a Financial Reporting Pack on a monthly basis for the Head of Finance.
- Work collaboratively across all business functions to share and implement best practice and develop the financial understanding of team members at all levels.
- Review trends and challenge current performance, identifying risks and opportunities within the finance department
- Support and engage with key stakeholders to ensure progress against the strategic plan
- To provide various KPIs and analysis in supporting decision making, including forecasting, and strategic planning for your allocated hub.
- To support the Head of Finance and Finance Director in driving performance and efficiency.
- Ensure financial controls and compliance at all times.
- Assist with internal and external audit and delivery of action plans when requested.
What you'll need to succeed
Our client is ideally seeking a driven individual with strong financial accounting background and business partnering experience. Due to working with multiple subsidiaries within the organisation, you must have excellent relationship building and communication skills alongside your core financial accounting abilities.
What you'll get in return Salary range between £30,000-35,000 per annum, with potential higher salary for suitably experienced candidates. 28 days leave plus bank holidays. Pension contribution is 9% at this grade, free parking, laptop and phone. Flexible working hours (8am - 4pm) and occasional working from home when necessary.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.