£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
9 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Finance Manager Nantwich £40,000- £45,000
Your new company
Fantastic opportunity at established company in Nantwich for a qualified accountant. You will provide leadership and direction for the finance team ensuring accuracy of reporting and integrity of financial records.
Your new role
As a Finance Manager you will be managing a team of 3 direct reports and be responsible for following duties
Month End and Reporting Duties
- Completion, consolidation and overview and management of Month-End process to deadlines
- Review and analyse and P&L performance, Balance Sheet and KPI's
- Variance analysis and commentary
- Management and review of Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Responsible for the accuracy of the financial accounting and implementing technical or regulatory updates
- Provide data and analysis to Group to agreed deadlines
- Prepare and review Group Reporting and Board Pack
- Lead the year- end audit, fulfilling all auditor information requests with no significant management points
- Management and preparation of the Statutory Accounts
- Year-end close down of nominal ledger in Codas and Cognos including P13 adjustments
- Management of Year-End process to agreed deadlines
- Completion, consolidation and overview of all reporting entities
- Liaise with the Auditors
- Preparation of Statutory Accounts
- Liaising with depots on stock, sales and other accounting queries
- Business reviews with depot managers
VAT & Tax
- Monthly VAT return calculation, posting and submission to Group
- Tax Packs on monthly basis
- Weekly review of compliance on non-standard VAT sales
- Review and monitor VAT & PAYE regulations and updates
Financial & Performance
- Assist in the achievement cash flow by managing efficiencies.
- Ensure a consistent approach is provided across all areas of the business to deliver and measure performance.
- Continually striving for new methods of working to ensure operational excellence and customer support.
- Processes and documentation
- Initiator of Change
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified Accountant either CIMA, ACCA or ACA
- High degree of personal motivation and a determination to succeed.
- High level of Attention to Detail
- Strong team player
- Excellent IT skills (VLOOKUP & pivot tables) and the ability to learn.
- Analytical expertise in understanding complex issues and problem solving.
- Flexibility and willingness to go the extra mile
- Adaptability to changing priorities
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal.
- Confident and approachable
- Ability to work under pressure
- Time management skills
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate needs before they arise
- Ability to prioritise and schedule workload
- Statutory Accounting experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.