£43000 - £45000 per annum
20 days ago
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Finance Manager will be responsible for:
* Managing a small team in Finance, supporting the Finance Assistant in their role and encouraging their ongoing career development
* Using an understanding of Charity SORP and Charity Law to deliver a comprehensive, accurate and timely set of accounts
* Developing relationships across the organisation between Finance and other departments, most notably, Fundraising
* Compiling reports and analysis to feed into the Senior Leadership Team, as well as providing quarterly accounts for the Trustees
* Managing the accounting software to ensure accuracy and integrity of financial data.
The organisation is in a strong place currently, having benefitted from the recent amalgamation of two related Charities. Through investing in research, supporting services that improve quality of life and increasing awareness of health issues, the Charity is providing a vital service, operating nationwide. Its small team is dedicated to its cause and the right candidate for the position will be able to see the wider needs and goals of the organisation to make the role a success.
To be successful in applying for this role, candidates must:
* Be a fully qualified accountant (CCAB) or QBE
* Have strong experience of putting accounts together
* Be experienced in the Not for Profit sector, preferably Charity
In return, the role offers an excellent benefits package including some flexible working hours and generous annual leave entitlements. The culture of the organisation is collaborative, open and friendly, and the ideal candidate will be someone looking to contribute to such an environment. This role is truly an excellent chance to put your own stamp on an organisation that makes a huge difference to the lives of thousands of people
Applications are now under constant review. Please apply immediately to be considered as interviews can be arranged as soon as suitable candidates are found!