Leeds, West Yorkshire
£35000 - £40000 per annum + flexible working, pension, parking
8 days ago
Due to serious growth in the last two years my client have newly created a Finance Manager position for someone highly commercial and ambitious to join their team. This is an opportunity to create your own finance function and work closely with the leadership team.
My client have more than doubled in size in the last two years, with turnovers of £2.5mil and plans set for 40% growth next year they are growing and fast. They've already outgrown their office space TWICE this year and are knocking through to create more space for their growing work force. With operations in the US and UK and no real competitor operating in their space currently the growth is very achievable.
This opportunity will give you scope to create and mould a finance function yourself and grow the role into an FC/FD position in time to come.
You will report straight into the COO and have an Accounts Assistant supporting you/reporting into you from day one. They are looking for someone who has the ability to run the day to day to finance function but can think about the longer term strategy of the business, implement new processes and provide insightful management information to help the Board drive the business forward.
The leadership piece is key here and they seek someone who can help the Board deliver on their ROI objectives and demonstrate that commercial drive.
Other responsbilities include:
● Track the company's financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
● Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures across the company
● Work with COO to continually optimise and improve financial processes to improve company
● Work with the COO to embed an investment mind-set across the company to make sure we use our
financial resources as effectively as possible.
General Accounts Administration
● Process expenses
● Complete VAT return
● Manage & process payments
● Process and manage payroll and pensions
● Manage & process sales commission
● Complete Research and Development Tax Credit submission with support from the CTO
● Generate financial and sales reports for senior management team and board of directors
● Provide insightful information and expectations to senior managers to aid decision making
● Work with company account to complete year end and other statutory reporting
● Establish and maintain budgets across the company
● Provide budget reporting and advice to managers
● Provide budgeting support for projects
You'll be recently qualified and have the following:
● finance and technical accounting experience
● ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualification
This role isn't only a technical role. You must also have:
● an attention to detail and the ability to report accurate information on a timely basis while
seeing big picture solutions
● a proactive approach to manage a diverse workload and stakeholders expectations
● clear communication to be able to build great relationship with stakeholders - You'll have to
explain financial ideas to finance and non-finance professionals
● the ability to think critically and visualise improvements - an interest to improve and automatise
What you'll get:
● An exciting finance role with the opportunity for growth
● The opportunity to develop your finance and business knowledge -You'll get exposed to the
various areas across the company
● The opportunity to strengthen your project management experience
● The opportunity to be an active part of expansion and influence the success of the
In return for everything you can bring, we can offer you an exciting, challenging role in a fast-growing
and dynamic business, with plenty of opportunity for professional development.