£35000 - £40000 per annum
18 days ago
Opportunity for a hands-on Finance Manager with SME experience and strong analytical skills. Get involved in every aspect of the organisation.
Our client is part of a project based group who specialise in engineering and design with close links to environmental and government organisations.
Management Reporting, Financial Planning and Analysis
- Ensuring timely and accurate production of management accounts, annual budgets and forecasts for the Group
- Preparing monthly management reports such as cash flow forecasts, KPI and other reports as required by management
- Providing necessary analysis for the management of the Group's performance and provide assistance to identify where improvements can be made
- To prepare all relevant reports required for the company's annual audit
- To liaise with company auditors
- To take responsibility for financial and some operational processes within the Group
- To liaise with the Group Office Managers and the Group Director to ensure processes are fit for purpose
- To liaise with Team Leaders to understand the work flow and implement financial processes
- To support the assigned personnel with the development of new business initiatives
- To interface with the Group for matters such as intercompany charge procedures and wider infrastructure matters
- Provide training to technical staff where needed
- Ensure weekly and monthly finance/operational processes are completed
- Raise project invoices to clients for the Group's UK offices
- Enter all supplier and freelancer invoices into ERP system
- Manage costs for each office including leases, service contracts etc.
- Manage payment of expenses, suppliers, freelancers and subcontractors
- Management and reconciliation expenses, bank and intercompany accounts
- Assist with the chasing of debtors
- Manage accruals, WIP, VAT etc.
- Provide information required by the Group Finance Controller
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with directly relevant experience
- Experience of management reporting within a company and corporate structure
- Experience of working with an ERP system (preferably Deltek)
- Good analytical skills for the presentation of data in a meaningful way to team leaders and managers
- Ability to work with technical staff to understand their commercial ability and limitations
Competitive Basic + benefits