£60000 - £70000 per annum + bonuses
11 days ago
The Finance Manager will oversee the fund accounting team and will be responsible for: statutory financial accounting and reporting; management and security of assets; improving operational efficiencies and maintenance of the ledgers.
Our client is a leading, international financial services business with offices in Kent and London that you will be able to work from. The bulk of your time will be spent in the Kent office, with weekly or fortnightly trips to London.
The finance manager role is broad and varied and will include:
- Management of the end to end financial reporting of the Central Fund balances, contributing to the published Annual and Interim Reports.
- Overseeing the accounting for UK subsidiary accounts.
- Review and manage application of fund / investment related accounting standards and policies
- Preparing draft accounting policy notes and documentation as needed to ensure compliance with regulatory and technical requirements.
- Manage the day to day operation of the Funds financial reporting team to create a culture of analytical review, understanding of results and proactive identification of issues.
- Communicate with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure the smooth operation of the financial accounting and reporting process, including collaboration with colleagues in Finance, Treasury, Market Reporting and Tax.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory reporting requirements, carrying out detailed reviews of the statutory accounts of subsidiary companies and other entities ensuring that information provided is accurate and provided within filing requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining an effective control environment, review the conformity and compliance of internal controls, including balance sheet reconciliations and overseas reporting processes, and advise on improvements.
- Responsible for the production of Solvency II Pillar 3 Reporting returns in line with specifications and to timetable; liaising with Accounting Policy team as required.
- Manage the design and development of Anaplan reporting models.
- Manage the ongoing review of processes and controls in respect of fund and UK subsidiary accounting, implementing changes and contributing to an environment of continual improvement. In particular, identify areas where new technology can generate efficiencies and work to implement changes required to realise improvements.
The successful candidate will be fully qualified (ACCA, ACA or CIMA) with a strong background in technical accounting and statutory accounting.
Key skills for the successful candidate will include:
- Influencing & stakeholder management skills
- Ability to analyse complex data sets
- Review & evaluation skills
- Accountancy: IFRS, UK GAAP and regulatory reporting
- Solvency II Pillar 3 reporting
- Ability to interpret legal advice & take appropriate practical actions
- Ability to plan and deliver on outcomes within deadlines
You will also have the following:
- Knowledge of best practice accountancy & governance principles
- Knowledge of relevant legal & regulatory requirements both UK and International
- Knowledge of accounting standards as applicable to financial services and insurance organisations
Basic salary of up to £70,000 + bonuses + benefits