£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
14 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
ACA/ACCA - SENIOR FINANCE MANAGER - BOUTIQUE PRACTICE - FIRM ANNUAL SKI TRIP - £35000 - £45000 PER ANNUM
My client is on the look out for an exceptional candidate to join a close-knit team in a very different type of accounting practice. As a Senior Finance Manager, you will be responsible for delivering our services to a portfolio of diverse clients predominantly in the London and South East region. With technical accounting experience you will be close to the detail and instrumental to ensuring all client deliverables are accurate and timely, including annual financial statements and technical accounting questions. You will be responsible for providing a premium client service that is absolutely second to none. just like your clients, you will also be an instrumental part of a new and growing business.
Duties & Responsibilities
You will have responsibility for:
- Completing period end close procedures for clients reporting to your Manager;
- Reviewing close activities e.g. reconciliations, vat returns, prepayments/accruals & journals;
- Using and reporting from cloud accounting systems (e.g. Xero, QuickBooks, Sage One/Live);
- Preparing and/or reviewing the monthly/quarterly accounts;
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts;
- Preparation of consolidated information where required;
- Investigating and responding to technical accounting queries;
- Point of contact for client for any finance related matters;
- Performing ad hoc requests for clients; and
- Technical support to colleagues in delivery of their portfolios.
Experience & Requirements
To be considered for the role you must have:
- Previous practice experience and will be ACA/ACCA qualified at a minimum;
- Experience and working knowledge of bookkeeping, management accounts, consolidations and finance processes;
- Specific experience with the Companies Act requirements and UK GAAP/IFRS;
- An enjoyment of working for different clients whilst understanding their individual needs;
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders;
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills;
- Strong computer skills, with particular experience in Excel;
- Experience with cloud accounting systems (e.g. Xero, QuickBooks, Sage One/Live);
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills;
- The ability to proactively question everything to improve quality and processes;
- An approach that client satisfaction is absolutely second to none; and
- Drive and desire for progression.
- Travel to client sites may be required (typically in and around London)
- Your skills and experience will determine the entry level, and progression within the firm will be dependent on performance
- Thrive working in an entrepreneurial environment, have a clear understanding of the firms values and demonstrating these in everything you do is an absolute must
- An interest in skiing or snowboarding would be helpful for the companies annual ski trip!
- Attractive salary
- Discretionary performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Employee perks
- Fully paid skiing strategy week
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- MacBook Air available for business and personal use
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.