|Job Title:||Finance Manager|
|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||£50000 - £55000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Marcus Pratt|
|Job Published:||September 10, 2018 18:09|
Currently looking for a finance manager to join the team that covers a wide range of accounting areas including balance sheet accounting, tax, fixed assets, intercompany, capital expenditure, capital forecasting, month end reporting and product costing. This role is paying up to £55,000 plus benefits
Currently working with a FTSE list business based in Manchester that operates within the Manufacturing sector that currently requires a Finance Manager due to continued growth. This role will join the team that covers a wide range of accounting areas including balance sheet accounting, tax, fixed assets, intercompany, capital expenditure, core working capital forecasting, month end reporting, stock accounting and product costing.
The purpose of the department is to ensure the integrity of the companies' financial statements through the development and enforcement of robust processes and controls in the shared service centre.
This job is responsible for:
- Budgeting, forecasting and reporting of fixed assets, stock, overheads and product costings
- Fixed asset accounting and integrity
- Balance sheet control including risk and opportunity reporting for the group
- Accounting for stock
- Ownership and management of Product costing activity for the Group
- PPV reporting
- Lead/coordinate the statutory external audit with our external auditors.
- Lead and implementation on continuous system/process improvement including implementation of automated solutions
- KPI and Measures reporting for the team
- SAP systems reconciliation
- Policy, process and procedure notes documented for all processes within the team
- Key contact for internal and external audit, group finance and other key stakeholders as required in the business
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performance management and development of a team of accountants and associates
- Management of relationships with key stakeholders in Supply Chain finance, Procurement, Group Finance, Site Finance & your hub
- Development and reporting of KPIs and Measures to measure team and individual performance
- Responsible for the month end process for stock
- Review and allocation of shared costs to SBUs as appropriate
- Balance Sheet Control. This will include the reporting, reconciliation and risk profiling of the Balance Sheet. This will include delivery of a Balance Sheet Scorecard on a regular monthly and quarterly basis as required to ensure full awareness and assessment can be made of all Risks
- Ownership of month end stock accounting, reporting and analysis for supply chain
- Budgeting and forecasting for capex and stock
- Ownership and management of the on-going product costings within the business. This will be both on a monthly and annual basis including the delivery of the year end process. This will include budgeting, forecasting and standard costing reporting.
- Lead and implement system/process improvement and project change management
- Primary contact for internal and external audit activity. Leading and coordinating the half year and year end audit within your hub and across Group Finance with our external auditors. This will include delivery to the external timetable and assist in resolution of all audit queries thereon
Ensuring process and procedure documentation is current of all activities within the team
EXPERIENCE /COMPETENCIES (Knowledge/Skills/Behaviours)
- Fully Qualified CIMA or equivalent (ACA, ACCA) with 2-5 years post qualification experience.
- High impact and influence skills for stakeholder management across the finance function/wider company.
- In-depth understanding of month end processes, reporting and business.
- Effective People Management skills.
- Strong analytical background.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to work as part of fast paced team and deliver to tight deadlines inc. prioritisation of workload
- Excellent verbal and written communication skillsDesirable
- Experience of SAP GL / SAP sub systems
- Product costing experience
- Experience within FMCG environment
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
£55000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, 25 days holiday, parking
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
South East England
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum