£45000 - £47000 per annum + benefits and bonus
13 days ago
Managing a team of 15 staff to deliver a broad range of financial support to sites around the UK.
Overseeing a team who has responsibility for a number of key financial system tasks (SAP/HFM) including consolidation, fixed assets control and period end activities and will act as a conduit for system improvements / training activities within the wider team.
Market leading international FTSE 100 company with multiple sites throughout the UK covering a number of disciplines.
The main responsibilities of the role:
- Deliver accurate and timely management accounts (P&L, B/S, KPI's) to site management teams, Packaging Head Office and Group in line with set deadlines.
- Ensure that corporate governance standards are clear and maintained for each site through a process of ongoing balance sheet reviews and a strong control environment.
- Deliver routine and ad-hoc analysis, as requested by site operations, Finance Business Partners, Division and Group.
- Co-ordinate with Group Tax and Group Financial Accounting to ensure compliance reporting deadlines are met (VAT, Corporation Tax, VAT etc).
- Ensure HFM consolidation activities are performed in line with group accounting policies (30+ packaging entities).
- Ensure SAP activities (Fixed Assets, revaluations, period end close) are completed accurately and to timetable for all divisions.
- Co-ordinate financial system training and improvements to drive value from these assets.
- Drive reporting quality through process improvement and a culture of peer reviews.
- Develop and mentor the team to achieve targets and simultaneously improve quality.
- Help to clearly define career progression routes and satisfy succession planning requirements through development and training of staff.
- Deliver team objectives through effective use of Performance Development Plans / Reviews
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- Fully Qualified Accountant
- Batchelor's degree or other certification in a related discipline
- Experience of managing a team and working with a large international organisation
- Up to date technical knowledge with experience of Divisional/Group reporting
- Experience using ERP accounting systems, preferably SAP. Use of Hyperion would be an advantage
- Experience of Operational/Manufacturing environment and reporting requirements
- Track record of providing accounting/reporting services
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with both technical and business audiences
- Knowledge of accounting standards (UK GAAP and IFRS) and MS Office suite, in particular Excel
The full time candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours a week on a flexi time basis between 8 and 6. The position offers a competitive bonus and pension scheme with up to 15% employer contribution.