City of London, London
£55000 - £60000 per annum
3 days ago
Chief Financial Officer
This is an innovative start-up that uses blockchain technology to securely store patient's health records and maintain a single source of the truth. They provides modern solutions to today's health record problems. By digitizing health records and empowering users, their aim iss to leverage countless industry synergies to build a better, healthier future.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day functions of the Finance department, reporting directly to the CFO. The candidate will be required to work alongside the CFO through complex accounting and tax matters and be part of a new frontier into determining the appropriate treatment of crypto-assets.
This role will also entail a broad range of responsibilities and the candidate may be involved in many ad hoc projects, outside the remit of a typical finance manager.
The candidate will be able to gain significant experience in the new and evolving industry. On the job coaching is provided and the candidate will be able to develop their technical and operational skills under the mentorship of the CFO.
- Review, process and/or record transactions and journal entries
- Review daily reconciliations of bank and payment provider balances
- Preparation of monthly management and year end stat accounts
- Assist in the implementation of operational and accounting systems
- Assist in the accounts payable function
- Assist in the preparation of corporate tax and VAT returns
- Assist in the application of R&D tax grants and other grants
- Liaising with external Auditors at year-end
- Supporting the wider team with ad hoc tasks
ACA or equivalent - 1-2 years PQE from a Big 4 accounting firm
- Big 4 audit experience preferred
- Preparation of financial statements under FRS 101, FRS 102 and IFRS
- Managing a small team of staff
- Implementation of systems and process improvements
- Exposure to blockchain/cryptocurrencies preferred but not required
Competencies: * Quick and self-sufficient learner who is keen to develop and grow at a fast pace
- Interest in cryptocurrencies/blockchain preferred
- Sound knowledge of the foundations of generally accepted accounting principles
- Intermediate/advanced excel skills
- Personable and effective communicator