|Job Title:||Finance Manager|
|Salary:||£40000 - £47000 per annum + Negotiable|
|Contact Name:||Harvey Allan|
|Job Published:||June 13, 2018 10:01|
Responsible for the oversight of the accounting and financial management of the charity, its associated charity and its subsidiaries. The Finance Manager is responsible for budgeting, cash-flow management, and reporting on the financial performance to management, trustees and CEO.
- Statutory financial reporting for audit and accounts preparation, in line with Companies Act and SORP regulations.
- Liase with auditors and accountants over the preparation and audit or independent examination of the accounts
- Undertake a monthly review of the P&L and Balance Sheet postings, resolving errors. Make any prepayment and/or accrual adjustments as required.
- Prepare other year end adjustments where necessary to ensure that the Sage record reflects the final position of each entity, prior to audit, examination or accounts preparation.
- Prepare year end schedules to substantiate the closing position of all entities, as agreed with auditors.
Financial System - Sage
- Prepare regular reconciliations between other databases (Tessitura and OPAS) and Sage in all categories.
- Receive purchase invoices and ensure they are appropriately authorised in accordance with the financial procedures.
- Authorise and submit the weekly payment run, of supplier invoices due.
- Make payments of all authorised invoices by BACS or cheque.
- Resolve all supplier enquiries.
- Raise sales invoices and requests for payment; chase outstanding invoices.
- Record all receipts and ensure they are appropriately allocated.
- On-site and event takings: facilitate cash and credit card payment, cash floats, nightly reconciliation of takings, posting income and costs to financial system and depositing at the bank when needed.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and resolve unreconciled entries.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of takings control accounts.
- Producing and presenting financial reports
- Supervise and manage the performance of the Finance Assistant.
- Manage relationships with the outsourced payroll and pensions providers, ensure accurate and timely payment.
- Ensure appropriate backups of financial information are completed and data manager has them securely stored off site.
- Ensure insurance cover is appropriate and up to date.
- Ensure financial policies and procedures are up to date.
- Ensure appropriate risk management techniques, and financial controls are in place.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£39000.00 - £46000.00 per annum
£60000 - £75000 per annum
£45000 - £50000 per annum + benefits
Head of Finance
South London, London
£45000 - £48000 per annum
Finance Business Partner
£200.00 - £300.00 per day