|Job Title:||Finance Director|
|Job Published:||August 10, 2018 14:33|
McGeogh Technology is a privately-owned company with two core divisions. One division is involved with electrial products mainly in the naval defence industry including LED lighting.
The other division manufactures technical ceramics. Both divisions turnover £5m.
The main operating base is in Birmingham with an additional ceramic manufacturing facility in Florida.
We are currently engaged in considerable engineering development and R&D which is expected to result in an increase in turnover and profitability
The Opportunity & Candidate
We are looking to appoint a part time Finance Director following the retirement of our previous FD who is still involved to a lesser extent as Company Secretary.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experience Finance Director, with a stron record of success and experience in growth and enrepreneurial business.
This is a hybrid role, where the successful candidate will be capable of operating at a highly strategic level
- Leading the team to deliver monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc reporting packs on time and accurately
- Managing and improving internal financial processes and effectiveness
- Liaising with auditors on all aspects of annual accounts
- Ensuring effective financial control, managing budgets, cost control, debtors, foreign exchange and all other financial controls
- Planning and identifying and resolving operational and legislative issues
- Analysing results and advising on potential risks, external market conditions or any changes or threats which may affect profiability or financial performance of the business
- Managing costs and ensuring margins are maximised
- Overseeing the production of cash forecasts and working capital management, particularly stock control
- A qualified accountant with exemplary work history
- Experienced and comfortable with the responsibility and accountability of operating at a senior level in business
- Have the full skill set of an experienced FD
- Able to demonstarte your suitability for the role from your previous experience including international experience
- Used to pruducing 100% accurate and correct reports to deadlines
- Detailed, accurate, organised, yet have an agile commercial mindset with excellent analytical skills
- An excellent communicator and advisor
- Experience of Corporation Tax would be useful
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£45000.00 - £52000.00 per annum + generous pension, bonus and benefits
£42000 - £50000 per annum + Car, Pension
£35000 - £40000 per annum
£45000 - £55000 per annum