Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire
£45000 - £50000 per annum
9 days ago
Responsible for the provision of technical accounting support to internal customers, ensuring that high performance standards are met across all accounting and financial reporting related aspects of the Business' operations and that effective financial information strategies, policies and planning systems are adhered to.
settle is a modern social business. As a proud provider of social housing, they manage over 9,000 properties across Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire. Formed in 2003, they were previously known as North Hertfordshire Homes.
Against a backdrop of financial difficulty for some and an inaccessible housing market for many, they're here to tackle challenges familiar to us all. They have bold ambitions to build more much-needed affordable homes and to improve the services they offer to provide an easy to access, simple to use service that their customers can put their trust in.
settle are passionate about being the best they can be, for each other and their customers. They know that colleagues who are engaged by their purpose and enjoy coming to work will act as one team across the organisation, with everyone able to play their individual part, so that they achieve the best possible outcomes for their customers.
- Act as a first point of contact on all finance related issues for the directorate you support.
- Understand the operational business you support and use timely and accurate financial information to provide insight and analysis to senior leaders in that directorate.
- Through working with Assistant Management Accountants, ensure that there is a culture of accurate and regular journals, reconciliations and other financial controls to ensure accurate financial information is recorded and reported on.
- Analyse financial and non-financial records and combine these to create and report meaningful management information
- Support budget holders through the budget cycle; identifying and monitoring opportunities for efficiency
- Ensure all period end deadlines are adhered to
- Operate with transparency and ensure excellent record keeping for audit trail
- Own the accounting processes and provide timely information.
- Review and prepare cash flow statements
- Undertake option appraisal analysis on new schemes and projects (where appropriate)
- Monitor longer term capital projects
To be successful in this role you must:
- Be expected to be collaborative, empowering and engage colleagues. This will require visibility and determination as well as an open and honest approach in all that you do
- Be a qualified CCAB Accountant
- Be methodical, organised, efficient and effective
- Have attention to detail
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Have practical knowledge of word processing and spread sheets
- Work unsupervised
- Communicate complex financial information to non-Finance colleagues
- Thrive under pressure
- Prioritise workload and work to deadlines
- Find ways to improve efficiencies and effectiveness
- Make decisions and know when to escalate matters
- Assess and pre-empt the information needs of the business
- Maintain a good working relationship with internal customers
- Be aware of their own leadership skills & styles and adapt to get the best out of others
- Consistently looking for ways to better support operational staff, improve reporting, engagement and relationships and understanding of budget holders and what numbers mean to them
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 per annum dependent on experience
27 Days annual leave + Bank Holidays
Stakeholder pension scheme
Health Care Cash Plan
How to apply:
For further information please contact Nick Lloyd. Michael Page has been exclusively retained for this appointment. All direct and third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.