Bradford, West Yorkshire
£40000 - £50000 per annum + benefits
16 days ago
Continuous improvement is high on the agenda within the finance function and therefore this person must be able to demonstrate this within their current role and be able to apply this in the Finance Business Partner role.
The chosen candidate will have a customer service mind-set to tie in with the vision for the finance function.
My client are a global manufacturing business who have grown via acquisition, with operations across the world. They are a market leader within their field and providing excellent customer service is at the heart of everything they do. They continue to invest in their product offering ensuring they are adapting and advancing with their current market place.
Based in Bradford, the Finance Business Partner will be integral to the finance function and for the right candidate this will be an opportunity to act as a no.2 to the Financial Controller. You'll be responsible (although not limited) to the following:
- Identify opportunities to drive continuous improvement across the finance function and into the wider business and shared services.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings across the UK business.
- Be seen as a visible business partner across the office, 'walk the floor' and be able to tell a story with the numbers.
- Completion of accurate management accounts for submission to group including commentary on key variances within P&L account.
- Completion of monthly forecast file for submission to group.
- Ensure key balance sheet reconciliations are performed monthly as part of month end liaising with Shared Services Team who provide some of reconciliations.
- Ensure prepayments and accruals are accurately reflected in month end accounts.
- Maintain Fixed Assets Register ensuring assets under construction are accounted for correctly.
- Perform post project appraisals on capex projects.
- Provide UK business with cost variance reports and other reports as required to aid decision making.
- Responsible for Variance Reports accuracy for G&A.
- Yearly Budget coordination and completion.
Oversee processing of expenses and credit card submissions ensuring they are completed accurately and timely and in accordance with the group expenses policy.
- Prepare dormant account submissions to group.
- Providing tax pack to external tax advisers for preparation of year end corporation tax and liaising with tax auditors during the year on tax matters.
- Preparation of statutory accounts including dormant accounts and liaising with auditors.
What you'll need to be successful:
- ACA/CIMA qualified accountant, most likely 0-3 years PQE
- Knowledge of external reporting standards IFRS/UK GAAP etc.
- Experience of working with Oracle or similar accounting system
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Flexible and reliable
- Tactful and courteous
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to operate in dynamic & challenging environment
- Strong excel skills
- Analytical skills
As well as the opportunity to work in a progressive Finance team and chance to take on a broad role to enhance your current skill set, you'll also get the following:
- Competitive salary
- 28 Days Holiday
- 10% Pension Contribution
- Health care Cash Plan
- Site Bonus Scheme