£35000 - £50000 per annum + benefits
14 days ago
Highly commercial, autonomous business partner role for a key Somerset-based manufacturing facility.
My client are a major manufacturing organisation. This role will have an important role to play at one of their critical sites, based in Somerset.
You will to take responsibility for the financial reporting, forecasting, and business partnering, ensuring actions are in place to hit the current year budgets. There is expectation to improve the understanding of cost drivers for the site, and to drive action to improve the overall cost structure. Through analysis and questioning of current processes, the ideal candidate will be expected to make recommendations to support business strategy. Strong communication skills are key because there will be close links with the operational and commercial stakeholders to implement these recommendations. Forging close relationships with other areas of the business will be pivotal to the success.
The role also involves managing the coordination and provision of actual performance reporting, forecasting for the year ahead, and pulling together the Financial Shaping Plan for the site P&L
The candidate will be expected to provide clear analyses of what drives the costs and be able to clearly summarise results and communicate these in a timely & effective manner to both Finance and the supply teams
- Qualified accountant (ACMA or ACA preferred)
- Strong numerical ability with a critical eye and good attention to detail.
- Advanced spreadsheet/modelling skills.
- Coaching and supporting others.
- Ability to identify and communicate issues in a clear and concise way to non-finance associates.
- Commercially and operationally minded with a strong ability to interpret data to provide meaningful information and insights.
- Self - motivated and confident enough to be able to challenge processes and work independently.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in order to develop and maintain relationships with relevant teams outside of Finance.
This role will pay a very good salary of up to £50k, plus benefits.