£55000 - £60000 per annum
Goodman Masson Ltd
9 days ago
An opportunity has become available for a qualified accountant to join the financial assurance team or a large, fast-growing youth charity in West London.
The role of Finance Assurance Lead (FA Lead) sits within the Compliance & Quality Assurance Team, and reports directly into the Head of Compliance and Quality Assurance. The quality assurance team is a cross-departmental function that is ultimately overseen by the Director of Financial Operations. The unit is responsible for assuring programme quality and value for money, determining our partners' compliance with contractual requirements, as well as driving internal quality across the organisation.
The Financial Assurance Lead is one of three leads operating within the Quality Assurance Team, with the other two overseeing Compliance Assurance and Data Assurance. The Finance Assurance Lead is primarily responsible for ensuring that accurate payments are made to partners and that these partners spend these public funds, in line with their contracts, and that they deliver value-for-money across the programme network.
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of the Finance Assurance activity plan
- Influencing and contributing to the development of the Finance Assurance strategy and activity plans
- Undertake monthly payment calculations in line with contract and on time; submitting approved Purchase Orders to Finance for processing
- Analyse the Provider Reports and report the findings and recommendations to Partner Management and Financial Operations
- Identify, using agreed criteria, which Partners should be audited each season and prepare a recommended audit schedule and scope of work to the Director of Partner Management and Director of Financial Operations
- Work with the other Assurance Leads to identify, scope and undertake internal efficiency reviews of departments
- Coordinate the audit work and prepare detailed findings and recommendations for consideration.
- Design and own process for ensuring accuracy, reporting on performance and escalating financial risks relating to partner payments
- Create and implement annual financial audit calendar for reviewing partner policies and practice
- Define process for assessing how well partner organisations are investing unit cost payments and the resulting value for money achieved
- Conduct audit of partner anti-fraud and bribery policies and practices, including training standards and organisational culture
- Qualified Account with a recognised membership body
- Demonstrable ability and understanding in and of financial assurance, value for money and analysis
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of advanced audit techniques
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of finance Assurance protocol design and implementation
- Experienced in writing policies and designing operational processes
Candidates from all industry backgrounds are welcome to apply.