Finance Associate / Management Accountant
|Job Title:||Finance Associate / Management Accountant|
|Job Published:||March 01, 2019 11:04|
Seedrs is the leading equity crowdfunding platform and the most active funder of private companies in the UK, with over £500M invested into campaigns and more than 720 deals funded. We allow all types of investors to invest as little or as much as they like in businesses they believe in and share in their success. And we allow ambitious businesses in all sectors to raise capital and build community through an efficient, online process.
Seedrs HQ is in London with offices in Lisbon, Amsterdam and Berlin. We are backed by top UK fund manager Neil Woodford, Augmentum Fintech PLC, listed on the London Stock Exchange Main Market and Europe’s largest listed fintech fund, a number of European VCs and over 2,000 of our own users. Seedrs is experiencing exceptional growth and are looking for superstars to join our team.
We are looking for an ambitious Accountant to join our high-performing Finance team, someone who has an interest in platform businesses. The role has considerable scope for development as the function further grows and scales, and as a result this role offers a great opportunity to advance and continuously take on more responsibility in value-adding areas.
What you’ll do:
- Day-to-day responsibility for financial transactions, including processing purchase and sales invoices
- Review bookkeeping, perform reconciliations and preparation of monthly management accounts and yearly statutory accounts
- Assist in preparation, monitoring and analysis of monthly operational MI/Dashboards
- Preparation of filings with HMRC including VAT returns, Corporation Tax and R&D tax credits
- Liaising with international teams to ensure accurate reporting
- Coordinate with other teams with respect of sales, operational processes and projects
- Work alongside the Compliance Team on financial crime controls, and with the Investment Team on operational and campaign matters
- Provide regular and ad-hoc support and assistance to the Finance Team on other matters, including analysis of financial data
What we’re looking for:
- A qualified or partly-qualified accountant (ACA,ACCA, CIMA)
- Preferably a 2:1 or better in accounting, finance, maths or other numbers-driven university degree
- At least 2 years business experience working in a professional environment
- Highly competent with Excel (starting with sumifs and pivot tables), and experience using an accounting software
- Excellent attention to detail, organisational skills and focus on process
- Fluent English and excellent writing and numeracy skills
- Able to use initiative, a good attitude, and a willingness to listen, learn and apply knowledge
- The ability to respect and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Interest in FinTech and an enthusiasm for changing the landscape of alternative finance
Salary and benefits:
- You'll be working for one of the hottest startups in Europe with a top notch team. We don't compromise when it comes to hiring.
- Competitive salary.
- Employee share options.
- Money to invest through the platform.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Buy and sell holiday benefit.
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Professional development.
- Lunch and learn sessions.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay.
- Team socials.
- Cheese day.
- Great offices with free fruit, coffee and Friday drinks!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's