Finance and Control Accountant
|Job Title:||Finance and Control Accountant|
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£35000 - £40000 per annum + excellent benefits|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Williams|
|Job Published:||September 11, 2018 10:42|
This is a unique opportunity to gain well rounded exposure to all aspects of Finance including financial accounting, tax, and controls. This represents an ideal role for a first / second mover from practice for a talented individual to quickly broaden their skill-set.
Leading Midlands business with exciting growth plans.
- Key member of financial accounting team advising wider business on accounting queries.
- Responsibility for year/month end processes including journals and control account reconciliations
- Working with external auditors to assist through year end process
- Sole responsibility for statutory accounts preparation of 2 entities.
- Ensure accurate and timely statutory reporting of VAT submissions
- Working with external tax advisors to produce corporation tax returns
- Ensure a robust control environment is maintained through performance and monitoring of controls and performing regular review of procedures and controls to ensure documentation is kept current
- Stakeholder manager
- Monitor changes in the business and assess the controls impact of changes to ensure the control environment remains strong
- Aide in the development of policies and procedures to maintain a strong control environment.
- Qualified / part qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Advanced excel skills
- Significant practice experience in controls review or implementation
- Evidenced risk identification experience and risk management skills
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Experience in understanding complex processes, developing and implementing improvements
- Ability and proven track record in working with a range of stakeholders, ability to influence and have ideas adopted
- Experience of AX Dynamics.
- SOX experience
- Ability to remain flexible in approach and prioritise effectively
- Ability to present on specific subjects to a large group of people.
Basic salary upto £40k (plus gym membership, professional fees and private medical) for the right candidate. They are willing to consider someone to take this role on a part time basis (4days) and are flexible with their working hours through the week with the candidate also having the ability to work from home when needed as well.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Finance and Operations Director
£65000 - £85000 per annum
Up to £40000 per annum
£420.00 - £500.00 per day
Bradford, West Yorkshire
£35000.00 - £38000.00 per annum
Senior Financial Accountant
£44000 - £50000 per annum