11 days ago
The role will provide financial analysis and bid support working very closely with the BD team. You will be responsible for costing solutions; creating P&L accounts; quantifying financial impacts and risks of new business; formulating commercial proposals; creating supporting documentation.
A market leading logistics and distribution organisation in the Chester area.
The main responsibilities include:
- Create detailed costings and profit and loss models.
- Formulate viable proposals and quantifying the benefits of new business.
- Evaluate financial risks of proposals.
- Generate documents and presentation materials to support bids.
- Effectively communicate finance models and commercial proposals at internal bid reviews.
- Attend customer meetings to present commercial aspects of proposals and answer finance-related questions as required.
- Work with the larger finance team to create the accurate weekly costings for the new business won and existing customer base.
- Ad-hoc projects as required.
The successful candidate:
- Fully qualified accountant with several years post qualification experience in industry in a similar role
- Must have a higher-level knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Attention to detail and analytical approach.
- Experienced in general accounting practices.
- Questioning and enquiring approach with a real desire to seek out new methods that will allow more efficient provision of accurate financial data.
- Comfortable working individually and as part of a team, sharing knowledge and improvement ideas for the benefit of the Company and its staff.
- Hard working and flexible, with a strong commitment to meeting deadlines.
Excellent Salary + benefits