Bristol City Centre, Bristol
£37000 - £45000 per annum
8 days ago
The role itself sits within the Group's Property Finance team whose aim is to help drive great business performance by providing a best in class financial service to support their customers.
Our client is a well-known multinational plc with a reputation for excellence and innovation.
- Lead Role for the Balance Sheet and Working Capital Reporting, Forecasting and variance analysis. Assist with Asset and AICC Reviews, Vat and Tax Returns.
- Assist with the requirements of Provision Accounting
- Preparation of Statutory Accounts for Property subsidiaries and Year end Statutory Reporting. Interface with the Central subsidiary team.
- Liaise with Auditors, Group, Tax and Suppliers as part of one virtual team. Oversee output of Offshore Team.
- Support the provision of a full financial and management accounting service e.g. day to day support to the Property team and Other Finance Teams.
- Complete Ad hoc projects, reviews and deal with queries (e.g. ad hoc payments and receipts).
- Maintain financial processes for Property to ensure Sarbox s404 compliant. Identify and resolve weaknesses in the control process.
- To develop and continually improve financial and operating processes to help drive the efficiency of the Property business and Finance where necessary. To assist with the change programme in support of various project efficiency initiatives including system developments (e.g. Hyperion Essbase).
- If you enjoy variety, having ownership of an end to end process, like making a difference and wish to develop your accounting knowledge then this may be the role for you.
* Fully or Recently Qualified Accountant with relevant finance experience.
* Strong Financial & Management Accounting Skills with knowledge of accounting standards and an ability to deal with technical accounting.
* Experience of Financial Analysis & Management Reporting in a large organisation. Excellent analytical skills, an enquiring mind and attention to detail.
* Experience of Month End Processes and Timetables
* Very good Microsoft Office skills (i.e. Advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.). Ability to manage data quickly and accurately with excellent advanced excel spreadsheet skills (e.g. lookups, pivots etc.) and to summarise findings in a meaningful, simple and succinct manner.
* A good general aptitude for finance systems and preferably knowledge of systems (e.g. Hyperion Essbase).
* An ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision and demonstrate flexibility as and when required to ensure deadlines achieved.
* Ability to build strong trusting relationships with Stakeholders, Finance colleagues and across the wider business both within and outside the UK as well as with external Business Partners.
* Good planning and organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise to ensure that customer requirements are met.
* Good communication, customer and interpersonal skills. A good team player (working as part of a small team), enthusiastic and flexible.
* Proven ability to self-manage and to drive developments in work areas forward. Ability to not only follow but also to think outside of standard documented processes.
* A committed "can-do" proactive approach to problem solving. Able to cope with changing demands and priorities.
There is also occasional travel to London and other locations (maximum once a month). Any candidate must be flexible on working hours at peak month end and forecast times.
Competitive basic & package