Stockport, Greater Manchester
£35000 - £40000 per annum
17 days ago
This role requires the ideal candidate to support the Financial Accounting function with regards to reporting, legislative and audit compliance, and apply an analytic approach to their work.
An industry leader with over 120 years of experience in the market. They are at the forefront of technological advancements, and consistently innovate to drive their sector forward and ultimately modernise the product and service received by the end user.
- Accurate Monthly P&L and Balance sheet reporting in COGNOS
- Weekly Cost Centre Monitoring.
- Monthly Cost Centre review with Cost Centre owners
- Month end inventory reporting
- In depth inventory reporting, analysis, monitoring and investigations
- Monthly accruals and prepayments
- National Statistics Office returns
- Preparations of the monthly management reporting pack
- Reconciliation of monthly balance sheet accounts
- Sales billing
- Manual Invoices & credit notes
- ICO recharges
- TAR reporting
- GL journals
- Preparation of month end review file
- Supporting the budget process
- Supporting reporting to group
- Liaising with and supporting L+G SES UK and Shared Services Finance Team
- Supporting the annual statutory audit
- Supporting the annual stock take
- Credit/purchasing cards expense control
- Supporting the Gas BL controller and Gas BL CFO
- Deputising for the Gas BL controller
- Support and cover within the Gas BL Finance and Controlling Function
- Responsible for the adherence of Landis+Gyr's End User IT Security policy and Baseline IT Security policy.
A successful candidate would possess previous experience of working in a medium to large international operation, with strong accounting and analytic acumen.
- Part qualified/qualified, preferably CIMA
- Manufacturing experience is desirable but not essential
- Knowledge and experience of product costing
- Ability to present financial data to non-financial people
- Systems Experience (SAP, COGNOS)
- Microsoft office
- Understanding of currency accounting
- Experience of budgeting
- Experience of KPI reporting and reviews with management at all levels
A competitive package