EY Reconnect – Tax Opportunities – Nationwide #LI-P
EY Reconnect is our career returners programme, providing a bridge for professionals re-entering the workplace after an extended career break. The 12-week programme offers a supported route back into work with induction, coaching and mentoring for talented individuals. You will reconnect with your career, your previous experience and expertise. At the end of the programme, you will be considered for a permanent role with EY.
This is your opportunity to join our Tax practice as part of the EY Reconnect programme. Due to the continued strong growth of our Tax practices we have varied opportunities to join our Financial Services and UK&I client focused teams in a wide range of tax advisory & technical positions including;
Transaction Tax, Transfer Pricing, Indirect Tax, International Tax Services, Research & Development, Tax Technology, Compliance, Reporting and other aspects of Corporate and Personal Tax
For financial service roles, we are targeting Newcastle, Leeds, Birmingham, & Edinburgh. For UK&I roles, London or nationwide bases considered.
Your key responsibilities
Contributing to building and maintaining key client relationships by delivering exceptional client service. Managing the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach taken
Identifying and driving opportunities - use your knowledge gained from other projects and from our knowledge sharing sessions and technical training to add input to projects and proposals
Building your own strong client and internal relationships - develop and use your relationship skills to create your own external and internal networks
Counsel and develop junior staff through delegation and on the job training
Skills and attributes for success
- Client driven and strategically and commercially aware
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral.
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
- Motivated team player
To qualify for the role you must have
· ACA / ACCA / CA / CTA / law or equivalent qualification (or breadth of knowledge equivalent too)
· Previous experience in personal or corporate tax.
To be eligible for EY Reconnect, you will need to have:
- Taken career break of between 2 & 10 years
- A background in professional services or relevant industry sector
- Experience at Manager level or above
- Availability to join the 12 week programme from mid-September ‘17
- The right to work in the UK
What working at EY offers
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- A Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Company, Times Top 50 Employers for Women, Top 10 Employers for Working Families, and a Stonewall Star Performer.
- Well established & thriving networks across the firm.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Join us in building a better working world.
Apply now or c
and a member of our team will get in touch as soon as possible