EY Reconnect - Assurance
|Job Title:||EY Reconnect - Assurance|
|Job Published:||June 12, 2018 09:59|
EY Reconnect – Assurance opportunities, London & nationwide
EY Reconnect is our career returner’s programme, providing a bridge for professionals re-entering the workplace after an extended career break. The 12 week programme offers a supported route back into work with induction, coaching and mentoring for talented individuals. You will reconnect with your career, your previous experience and expertise. At the end of the programme, you will be considered for a permanent role with EY.
This is your opportunity to join our Assurance practice as part of the EY Reconnect programme.
It’s an exciting time to be in Assurance at EY: our business is growing and the work we do is increasingly important and key in restoring confidence in the global economy. The market is continuing to demand more and more assurance on their operations, reporting technology and business ethics.
We work to a globally defined methodology, train and develop our people to deliver excellent client service, and use cutting edge tools to support our work. The investment we’re making in Assurance means that as well as joining one of the largest, most stable employers, you’ll be empowered to develop and be an expert in your field.
We need dedicated assurance professionals who will excel in a high-performing environment. In return for your hard work and ideas, we’ll give you the rewards, support, and learning and development opportunities that will accelerate your career and meet your personal goals.
We are looking for individuals to join the following areas:
- UK & Ireland Assurance –core audit delivery but also potential opportunities in additional assurance services including Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services, Financial Accounting Advisory, Climate Change and Sustainability and Commodity Trading Risk Management.
- Financial Services Assurance - Financial Accounting and Advisory Services (FAAS)
- Financial Services Assurance - Extended Assurance
Skills and attributes for success:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good communicator
- A passion for client service
- Ability to network effectively within large organisations
- High level of drive and commitment to achieving solutions and ability to influence, change and shape the direction of a particular activity
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Assurance/Audit background either gained in professional practice or within industry – you will also have an understanding of one of the following: financial accounting reporting and issues / front to back processes and controls / regulatory compliance and reporting
- Team management and leadership skills
- Demonstrate successful relationship management of sizeable clients/projects
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA, US CPA or CA qualification and have the desire to build / develop a career within professional services.
- Strong project management skills and a proven commercial acumen
- Ability to utilise research effectively and identify areas requiring improvement in the clients' business processes
- Experience of relationship management, negotiating with and influencing senior individuals, both internally and externally
To be eligible for EY Reconnect, you will need to have:
- Taken career break of between 2 & 10 years
- A background in professional services or relevant industry sector
- Experience at Manager level or above
- Availability to join the 12 week programme in September 2017 or January 2018
- The right to work in the UK
What working at EY offers?
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- A Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Company, Times Top 50 Employers for Women, Top 10 Employers for Working Families, and a Stonewall Star Performer.
- Well established & thriving networks across the firm.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Join us in building a better working world.
Apply now or contact email@example.com and a member of our team will get in touch as soon as possible
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Extended Assurance - Senior/Assistant Manager - Financial Services
Audit Assistant Manager - International Audit & Assurance
£33000.00 - £39000.00 per annum
Corporate Tax Advisor
£30000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
Strategic, Regulatory & Operational Risk Opportunities
Audit Senior Associates, Part Qualified - Public Sector