West London, London
21 days ago
Reporting to the Head of Reporting at the group HQ, the External Reporting Analyst will be responsible for the consolidation, analysis and preparation of the external close processes and reports, including the annual report, under US GAAP for four reporting groups
(please note USGAAP is not needed for this role, though clearly would be considered an advantage if the skill set exists)
External Reporting Analyst
The role is responsible for developing best practice reporting and close process procedures and ensuring appropriate group accounting policies are followed.
This role will work closely with a shared service centre and teams across the wider group, including commercial, tax and treasury, to prepare the consolidation of the monthly and quarterly primary financial statements and supporting notes.
- Preparing the monthly and quarterly consolidation and financial reporting processes for listed and unlisted groups reporting under US GAAP
- Involvement in Group external financial reporting including primary statements and note preparation
- Providing both financial reporting and systems assistance to the regional teams and SSC to ensure group reporting timetables are met, and can be accelerated as required
- Analyse submissions from shared service centre and discuss/resolve issues where necessary
- Reconcile figures against other internal management reports, and with other functions such as Tax and Treasury
- Driving improvements in Group Reporting processes
To be considered, it is expected that the successful candidate will be / have:
- A qualified ACA / ACCA ( or other overseas equivalent), perhaps recently qualified from practice.
- Experience with large multinational group consolidations and listed entity reporting.
- Good knowledge and practical experience of interpreting and applying accounting standards, with US GAAP exposure being an advantage.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a business that are a true market leader in their segment and this role has a demonstrable track record of development in and through it.