Examination Marking Opportunities for the ICAEW
|Job Title:||Examination Marking Opportunities for the ICAEW|
|Job Published:||December 04, 2018 10:27|
ICAEW is recruiting new markers for their Examinations of Experience marking team.
Pathways to Membership
The Pathways to Membership scheme allows fully qualified members from certain professional bodies to apply for ICAEW membership based on their experience. Please follow the link below for more information.
Apprenticeship End Point Examinations
Apprenticeships enable those with school and college qualifications to start working in the sector of their choice, while studying towards a qualification and gaining practical skills. Please follow the link below for more information.
Examinations of experience markers will:
- Be qualified with a CCAB body or the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT), with at least two years’ post qualification experience
- Have up-to-date technical knowledge through experience, teaching and/or marking.
- Be CPD compliant.
- Have a minimum of 5 years recent experience of working in a professional services setting.
- Be able to mark at least one session a year, which will include a residential marking event Friday to Sunday and possibly some home marking.
- Be able to follow a strict marking timetable.
- Not be involved in the training of Level 4 and Level 7 Accounting Apprentices.
- Have access to, and ability to use a PC/laptop, the Internet and Microsoft Office in the security of your own home. In the future markers will be expected to mark papers online.
A marker selection day will be held on Saturday 9 February 2019 at a venue in Milton Keynes. If you meet the above criteria and are interested in becoming a Examinations of Experience marker, please apply with your CV and a covering note describing why you are interested by 25 January 2019. We will invite a shortlist of candidates to the selection day, and will let you know if you have been shortlisted by 1 February 2019.
The selection day will involve training and marking of a past script, one on the day and one at home. The examiners will then consider your work, and may invite you to join the marking team. Expenses will be paid for attending the selection day. If you become a member of the marking team you will get paid a day rate for each session that you mark for.
Using your personal information
The protection of personal privacy is an important concern to ICAEW. Any personal data collected will be treated in accordance with current data protection legislation.
The above information will be used to include you in the selection process for taking part in Examinations of Experience marking. This information may be shared with other members of ICAEW staff and relevant examiners or moderators of our exams
For more information about our data protection policy please go to icaew.com/dataprotection
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Finance Manger
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£47000.00 - £52000.00 per annum + Pension 6%
£38000 - £41000 per annum + bonus, generous holiday
Interim Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
£250 - £300 per day
Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
City of London, London
£44785 - £54853 per annum + Great benefits + flexible working
Audit Manager - Non Financial Services