Examination Marking Opportunities for the ICAEW
|Job Title:||Examination Marking Opportunities for the ICAEW|
|Job Published:||November 23, 2018 11:19|
ICAEW is recruiting new markers for the Advanced Level Case Study marking team.
The Case Study is the four-hour final exam taken by ACA students. It aims to test candidates’ professional skills in the context of business issues, building on the knowledge and skills acquired during success at the Certificate Level and Professional Level examinations. Candidates are given 40 – 50 pages of Advance Information six weeks before the examination to ‘set the scene’ (who they are and the area they are working in). During the exam they must assess the four requirements given in the exam, taking into account approximately 15 pages of new information provided.
Case Study markers will generally:
- Be qualified with a CCAB body or the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT), with at least three years’ post qualification experience
- Have up to date technical knowledge through experience, teaching and/or marking
- Have at least one of (1) experience of marking examination papers, for example with another professional body, a tutorial firm, or (2) a proven interest in assessment
- Be able to listen to, and diligently apply, training
- Be able to mark at one session a year at least, and devote approximately 11 days (including weekends) to marking per session
- Be able to follow a strict marking timetable
- Have access to, and ability to use a PC/laptop, the Internet and Microsoft Office in the security of your own home. From July 2019, markers will be expected to mark papers online. Computer specification available on application. (On the selection day marking will be carried out on paper)
- Not be involved with tuition of the Case Study
A marker selection day will be held on Saturday 2 February 2019 in Milton Keynes.
If you are interested in becoming a Case Study marker and meet the criteria above, please email your CV and a covering note describing why you are interested to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 January 2019. We will invite candidates to the selection day, and will let you know if you have been shortlisted or otherwise by 29 January 2019.
The selection process will involve:
Saturday 2 February – prospective markers training and marking of a past script (on paper)
Sunday 3 February – prospective markers marking a script at home (on paper)
Monday 4 February – prospective markers sending completed marking key (on paper) to examiners
The examiners will then consider your work, and may invite you to join the marking team.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Using your personal information
The protection of personal privacy is an important concern to ICAEW. Any personal data collected will be treated in accordance with current data protection legislation.
The above information will be used to include you in the selection process for taking part in Examinations of Experience marking. This information may be shared with other members of ICAEW staff and relevant examiners or moderators of our exams
For more information about our data protection policy please go to icaew.com/dataprotection
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Become an ICAEW Principles of Tax Examiner
City of London
Become an ICAEW Business Planning Taxation Professional Level Examiner
City of London
Senior Finance Manger
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£47000.00 - £52000.00 per annum + Pension 6%
IT Audit Senior
£38000 - £41000 per annum + bonus, generous holiday