Wakefield, West Yorkshire
£45000 - £53000 per annum + package and free parking
15 days ago
Marks Sattin are currently recruiting for a Divisional Finance Manager for a leading international business in Wakefield. The successful candidate will have overall finance responsibility for the performance of the (Division) by working closely with the Operations Directors and local finance team. You will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of the monthly management accounts for the Division. Responsibilities include:
- Management Accounts: To lead the processing and production of accounts for the Division including cash flow forecasting and related analysis. Production of P&L, balance sheets and business forecasts and the identification of balance sheet improvements.
- Statutory Accounts: Responsible for producing Statutory Accounts for multiple businesses in the Division. The role holder will also prepare for external audit, responding to requests from the Auditors for additional information and keeping the Group Finance Director well briefed on progress.
- Compliance: Ensure the Division complies with relevant statutory and industry regulations and requirements (VAT, PAYE and CIS).
- Budgeting: Work with the Directors to prepare divisional budgets including providing 'what if' scenario planning and independent challenge. Roll out the approved budgets and ensure the operational team have a full understanding of financial expectations.
- Business Partnering: Work with and support Divisional Directors in ensuring accurate business reporting and good operational/cost control. Involves the identification of margin improvements and growth opportunities.
- Process Improvement: Identify potential process and system improvements, taking recommendations to the Group FD and senior executives prior to driving through the approved developments.
- Payroll: To manage payroll/s for the Divison, liaising with the business leaders on employee changes and variable pay items that have occurred within the month, reacting to HMRC notifications and any employee benefit changes as appropriate.
- Leadership / Management: Recruit, coach, develop and performance manage a small team.
- Supervision of Transactional Processes: Ensure the transactional processes of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Expenses etc. are being performed in a timely and professional manner, with any issues being escalated.
- Projects: As part of the wider Finance management team participate in or lead business projects i.e. strategic planning, acquisitions and integration, new system implementations etc.
- Fully qualified Finance professional (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Proven experience of both management and financial accounting
- Experience of managing and coaching other Finance team members
- Previous experience of acquisition integration would be advantageous but not essential
- Strong communicator verbally and in writingAnalytical, accurate and detailed
- System orientated with excellent IT skills
- Resilience, flexibility and a willingness to be 'hands on' are all important personal characteristics.
WHMSYORKS REF: 16891165