16 days ago
Denholm Industrial Group
Divisional Finance Director
Denholm Industrial Group has a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic and ambitious senior-level finance professional to join at an exciting period of growth and expansion, as the Group seeks to develop current services, expand into new markets and acquire new businesses to complement its existing businesses.
Denholm Industrial Group is a divisional entity of the Denholm Group. Working in challenging environments, it is the UK’s truly complete provider of scaffolding and access, surface preparation and the application of protective coatings.
Headquartered in Yeovil, Denholm Industrial Group operates four established businesses from locations throughout the UK:
- Denholm Industrial Services
- Scaffold Erection Services (SES)
- Elite Scaffolding
- ALPS: Access Lifting Pulling and Safety
Over the past 2 years the group has grown via a mix of organic and acquisitive growth. As a result of this continued expansion, and in order to support future growth plans for the division, a new finance director position has been created.
- Providing leadership, strategic direction and day to day management of a small finance team to ensure high quality delivery of monthly management information to local management and the ultimate parent company.
- Supporting the divisional managing director as required in delivery of the strategic aims of the division including the assessment of potential acquisition targets.
- Ensuring robust financial control, treasury management and compliance with legal and regulatory requirements across all companies in the division.
- Planning and oversight of budgets and forecasts (including income and costs).
- Overseeing the preparation of year end reports including statutory accounts and tax computations for all companies within the division.
- Leading on the identification and management of risk within the division.
- Reviewing large and/or complex project’s contractual terms to ensure the group is not exposed to undue commercial risk.
The role will be based at the divisional headquarters in Yeovil, however due to the diverse nature of the business, regular travel throughout the UK will be required.
The position requires a high calibre individual who has strong interpersonal skills, is detail orientated and possesses excellent technical knowledge. Key candidate requirements are:
- Experience in a similar senior finance role is essential, and experience in either the construction or marine industry would be desirable
- The ability to combine perfect accuracy and an eye for detail while viewing the bigger picture, and to provide strategic support to the divisional managing director
- A member of a recognised accountancy body
- Strong technical foundation in accounting
- Experience of reviewing commercial contracts would be beneficial
- A confident communicator and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure, manage team deadlines and lead a team effectively
- Energy, drive, tenacity, professionalism and commitment
- Excellent IT skills with good knowledge of MS Excel and accounting packages
- Experience of business acquisitions would be advantageous
- Flexible approach to working hours in line with the needs of the business
In return, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, including 35 days’ annual holiday entitlement, private medical insurance, life assurance, income protection and a generous company pension contribution.
About The Denholm Group
Denholm Industrial Group is the holding company name of the Industrial Services division of the Denholm Group, a family-run group that operates four divisions: Shipping, Logistics, Seafoods and Industrial Services. Operating in diverse markets provides a diversification of opportunity and risk for its shareholders.
The Group was originally founded as a ship agent and factor by James Denholm in 1866, who was joined in the business by his brother John in 1869. Today, the Group is still owned by John's descendants. With their roots in shipping and maritime services, the Denholm Group businesses have evolved into brands that work collaboratively with their customers and stakeholders. The Group employs over 1,000 people, who work to the principles of the ‘Denholm Standard’: upholding the law, integrity, fairness and respect.