Director of Finance
|Job Title:||Director of Finance|
|Salary:||Competitive salary and term packages applies|
|Job Published:||June 11, 2018 11:43|
United Grand Lodge of England (UGLE) is seeking to appoint a Director of Finance.
UGLE was founded in 1717 and is an unincorporated association. It is the representative body of Freemasonry in England, Wales and the Channel Islands. This membership organisation is the largest secular, fraternal and charitable body in the UK with some 200,000 members.
UGLE is head quartered in Covent Garden, London and employs some 100 people. The Director of Finance will be part of the Senior Management Team reporting to the Chief Executive and managing a team of 6. No prior knowledge of Freemasonry is required to fulfil this position. The role is anticipated to be 3 to 4 days per week.
ROLE TO INCLUDE
- Managing operation, outputs and performance of finance team and providing them with guidance and leadership.
- Ensuring UGLE maintains, presents and reports true and fair financial information.
- Presentation of timely management accounts.
- Driving annual budgetary and forecasting processes
- Long term financial and tax planning
- Liaising with other users of the building
- Integrating finance with other departments and overseeing membership billing.
- Monitoring VAT and evaluating VAT status.
- Compliance with all applicable statutory and regulatory frameworks.
- Managing audit processes and relationships.
- Qualified accountant (ICAEW, CIMA, ACCA) with at least 5 years management experience
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills
- Discretion and confidentiality to facilitate trusted relationships
- Excellent management and prioritisation skills
- Analytical and constructive approach
- FRS 102 reporting
- IT Literate with knowledge of financial software
- Knowledge of VAT
- Team player
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Treasury/cash management
- Familiarity with membership organisation
- Knowledge of personal payment banking options
- Charity sector knowledge
- Listed building experience
- Cost recharging and occupational leases
- PAYE audit experience
- Risk Management
- Imaginative and strategic thinker
- Effective cost management and good negotiator
Competitive salary and terms package applies
21 or 28 hours per week (9.00am – 17.00pm) based on working either 3 or 4 days per week.
Please apply with your CV and covering letting.
Closing date for applications is 22 June 2018
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's