£26000 - £31000 per annum
7 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Your new company
Hays are currently recruiting for a large national organisation based in Norwich for an experienced and confident individual to join their Finance team.
Your new role
The main purpose of the role will be to support the Finance Business Partner and wider finance team with all aspects of financial reporting, financial control, planning and analysis. Specifically this will include:
- To prepare monthly management accounts, supported by high quality working papers, for review by the Finance Business Partner. These management accounts include capital expenditure and balance sheet items as well as revenue budgets.
- To prepare analysis of monthly management accounts, including budget variance analysis.
- Ensure on a monthly basis that the company activity related income position is accurately reported to Finance & Performance Managers and senior managers.
- Ensure that the business is billing all the moneys which it is due and fully understands the sources of its income both by customer and income stream. Assist in comprehensive reconciliations of amounts due and received.
- To prepare costings for contract variations, new business, or service delivery changes using standard costing methodology under the supervision of the Finance Business Partner or Senior Finance Team.
- To support financial planning activity through the development and maintenance of budgets and forecasts for the assigned business unit(s)
- To contribute to the production of annual statutory accounts in accordance with the policies and procedures set out by the Senior Finance Team.
- To support the Finance Business Partner in the pro-active management of working capital, including debt recovery and payment of suppliers.
- To provide advice and analysis to support budget managers and wider finance team to discharge their financial management and stewardship duties effectively.
- To prepare returns to external bodies as required for review by the Finance Business Partner.
- To maintain ongoing analysis of service level profitability through the reporting system.
- To prepare analysis for national costing returns, e.g. Reference Cost submissions.
- To proactively propose changes to working practices across the finance department
- To undertake any ad hoc duties that may be required within the Finance Team.
- To be responsible for maintaining own personal development.
This is a full time role working Monday to friday
What you'll need to succeed
You will ideally be part of fully ACCA or CIMA Qualified and have significant experience within a similar accountancy role. You must have:
- Excellent communication skills including negotiating, influencing & persuading. Ability to communicate with internal and external managers. Ability to communicate financial information to non-financial staff at all levels.
- Excellent technical skills and use of IT systems, e.g. general ledger, MS Office.
- Advanced Excel user.
- Ability to analyse complex data, statistics and financial information.
- Team player with an ability to work closely with others.
- Flexible approach to changing requirements of the role.
- Good knowledge of IFRS.
- Understanding of financial reporting in the public sector.
- Management accounting experience
You must also be available immediately or on very short notice to interview and start in a role.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.