Deputy Director of Finance
|Job Title:||Deputy Director of Finance|
|Salary:||£80K - £90K + USS Pension|
|Contact Name:||Paul Buchan|
|Job Published:||October 12, 2018 16:14|
The University of Edinburgh is working in partnership with Eden Scott to identify and appoint a very strong Deputy Director of Finance. This is a key appointment within the University and this person will help the Director of Finance to achieve the University’s commercial aims.
With the University’s role in the Edinburgh City Deal, ongoing commercial spin-outs, c. £2.5BN investment programme and of course the day to day running of the University opportunities don’t come much bigger than this.
The Finance Department is part of the University's Corporate Services Group and is responsible for the effective financial management and stewardship of the University. The Finance Department operates in a devolved manner with College, Support Group and Subsidiary accounting staff, as well as Finance Department staff taking their professional leadership from the Director of Finance.
Effective management of the University’s resources is key to its future success, and the Finance Department is a service-focused function which provides timely and insightful business intelligence that contributes to the University’s overall competitive advantage. The team structure is designed to drive a holistic finance strategy that meets the diverse needs of a large and highly complex organisation in an increasingly competitive market-place.
For this sort of role we need people who can demonstrate a wide range of abilities and experience including;
- Membership of a CCAB recognised accounting professional body, educated to degree level and with at least five years’ experience of managing teams in large multi-departmental organisations at a senior level (Assistant Director or equivalent).
- Working in high performing organisations with a progressive approach to developing financial management and success in staff development and training.
- Operating in a strategic finance environment and implementing strategy through highly effective operational plans.
- Operating with an enterprise wide, integrated finance system in organisations with multiple business units.
- Decisive and confident in operating autonomously on a regular basis, positive, self-reliant, open-minded and enthusiastic attitude.
- Very strong interpersonal skills including excellent leadership, staff management and with the ability to motivate and enthuse staff, facilitating their work both as part of the team and under their own initiative with minimum supervision.
In short we are looking for someone with the range of abilities and experience necessary for the effective leadership of a £1BN organisation.
This notice is merely a summary of the key facts of this appointment, for a more detailed view please download the candidate pack to find out more.
Candidates are asked to provide two supporting documents:
- A full and current CV, detailing most recent appointments, salary and level of responsibility.
- A brief Application Statement, outlining and entitled, ‘The relevance of my individual achievements to the position of Deputy Director of Finance of the University of Edinburgh.’
Please ensure you have included all relevant contact details including work and home telephone numbers, email address and full postal address.
- Closing date for applications is Friday 9th November.
- Preliminary interviews with Eden Scott are from week commencing 5th November until Friday 16th November.
- Formal Interviews and final processes: Monday 10th and Tuesday 11th December 2018
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Director of Finance
£400.00 - £450.00 per day
Director of Finance and Resources
Birmingham, West Midlands
£90000 - £100000 per annum
Director of Finance and Resources
£70,000 - £80,000
Director of Finance and IT
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
Regional Director of Finance & Administration
£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + Bens