19 days ago
Corporate Tax Senior
We have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced, enthusiastic and competent Corporate Tax Senior to join our talented Tax team.
With comprehensive training and development Ormerod Rutter will support your career aspirations in a professional culture where you will be recognised for what you do.
About Ormerod Rutter
For 35 years, Ormerod Rutter has offered the specialist expertise that clients require to manage all their tax, audit, business and financial affairs. We offer the same services of a top 10 firm with the benefits of being a family friendly practice.
We understand the importance of strong relationships and the service we offer our clients is of key importance to us. Our client base remains uniquely diverse placing the same level of importance on every client.
Ormerod Rutter now has 7 offices across The Midlands. Our 13 Partners are supported by a motivated community of over 200 employees all working towards a shared vision. We encourage our staff to develop the careers they want, the way they choose, and home-grown talent remains at the heart of our succession planning.
Reporting to the Tax Manager you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of clients and providing an effective service on all tax compliance and advisory matters.
- Full responsibility for a portfolio of corporate clients including OMBs and Groups
- Preparation of corporation tax returns and computations to include iXBRL tagging of financial statements
- Reviewing corporation tax returns and computations prepared by junior members of the team
- Providing corporation tax payment and quarterly instalment advice
- Completing corporation tax file reviews and assisting the accounts department with draft calculations
- Understanding research and development claims
- Capital allowance workings
- Undertaking technical research
- Handling HMRC queries
- Supporting Partners with client meetings
- Attending in house training sessions
- It is essential you can demonstrate extensive corporate tax experience within an accountancy practice
- In addition to your technical knowledge, you will have a high level of attention to detail and accuracy and a methodical approach to tasks
- Sound computer skills and good working knowledge of MS Office. Knowledge of CCH would be advantageous