22 days ago
Fitzgerald & Law
We are looking for a qualified Tax Manager to take on this rewarding role. You need to have excellent UK corporation tax / deferred tax knowledge, outstanding client service skills and the ability to help manage a strong team.
What are some of the key responsibilities?
- Responsible for own portfolio of clients (compliance and consulting on corporation tax, employer tax, indirect tax/duty)
- Manage the Tax team, with some strategic focus
- Offer input on and contribute to the development and evolution of the team budget
- Responsible for engagement letters and KYC for own portfolio of clients
- Day-to-day responsibility for tax filings for own portfolio
- Develop the staff, offer guidance and advice to Consultants looking for support on certain matters (technical or otherwise)
- Provide excellent client service
- Develop positive, professional relationships with other teams within F&L
What are the essential requirements?
- Professionally qualified with ICAEW, ACCA or CTA
- Ideally experience working within professional services
- Excellent UK corporation tax/deferred tax knowledge and ability to share that knowledge with team and colleagues
- Ideally experience of VAT and employment taxes although support will be given if required
- Outstanding client service skills
- Working with senior individuals employed by our clients (CFOs, CEOs etc)
- Commercially aware in terms of financial targets, client service, business risk and efficiencies
- Seen to take responsibility for clients
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with client service issues
- Team player
- Good communicator