40000 - 55000
19 days ago
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy & advisory firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
Come and work for a recognized employer of choice, where we can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- Salary between £40,000 - £55,000 per annum
- 25 days annual leave entitlement a year (plus bank holidays)
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Employer contribution & matching pension scheme
- Flexible working policy
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and Development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR Program & Social Events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Program - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
We are currently looking for high quality candidates who fit the Menzies values and also meet the below job specification requirements to be our new Corporate Tax Assistant Manager. This is a key position based out of the Woking office and forms part of the wider Business Tax service we offer our clients.
The role will be advisory & compliance focused and will include managing a portfolio of corporate clients ranging from small owner managed businesses to large UK groups and the UK subsidiaries of large overseas groups and delivering corporate tax planning and advisory services.
The clients you will be dealing with are largely OMB client base with advisory projects such as structuring or restructuring of corporate group’s, exit strategies, shareholder reliefs, employee incentives and pro-actively working with clients to ensure tax efficiencies where possible. Experience of some international tax matters would be ideal but is not essential.
The job holder is expected to take responsibility to support office activities, growth, communication and the development of junior staff.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver client services to a high standard; communicate directly with clients on the phone or in person where appropriate to resolve queries and develop relationships.
- Provide support to partners and relationship managers on relevant client matters or opportunities.
- Ensure planning and cross-selling opportunities are identified and followed up, including the review of opportunities that may be available for existing clients.
- Increase the client base through an organised approach to business development e.g. networking, client recommendation requests, developing referrer base. As part of this the job holder should develop technical/hot topic initiatives that can be delivered to the internal team and also communicated to potential new clients.
- Contribute to effective team working as part of the management team, offering brighter thinking ideas and actively contributing to our ideas culture.
- Coach and train junior staff and trainees in developing their technical, client relationship and business development skills.
- Monitor and manage the financial performance of their client portfolio in line with KPIs.
- Ensure the Firm’s technical, ethical and compliance procedures are adhered to in all cases.
- Carry out ad hoc projects and other duties as may be reasonably required.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Eligibility to work in the UK without any restrictions.
- Must fit with our 'BRIGHT' values!
- CTA or ACA qualified
- Currently operating in a corporate tax role.
- Demonstrates strong role model behaviours in line with the Menzies values.
- Strong team player.
- Commercially aware.
- Existing experience in a corporate tax role in either a mid-tier sized firm or strong SME client exposure.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new Corporate Tax Assistant Manager then apply online ASAP.