Corporate Reporting Manager - Central Government
|Job Title:||Corporate Reporting Manager - Central Government|
|Location:||City of Westminster, London|
|Contact Name:||Neal Craig|
|Job Published:||July 11, 2018 10:07|
Responsibility for the consolidation and production of monthly Management Accounts for the Executive Board.
This includes coordination of the timetable, figures and narrative commentary from the core Department and it's Arm's Length Bodies.
The Department is here to help make Britain the world's most creative, connected and exciting place to live, visit and do business. the Department works to make sure the communications, creative, media, cultural, tourism, sport and leisure economies have the framework to grow and have real impact on people's lives. We create the conditions for growth by removing barriers, providing strategic direction and supporting innovation and creativity. We want everyone to be able to enjoy our national culture, play sport and have access to effective communications.
- Overall responsibility for the consolidation and production of monthly Management Accounts for the Executive Board, in line with agreed timescales. This is an Excel-based product and the post-holder is expected to play a leading role in the maintenance and evolution of the model.
- Maintenance of the Funding Tracker. Provide assurance that available funding and budget allocations are managed in order the Department operates within its control total prescribed by HM Treasury. Work with other finance team members to ensure that funding changes are properly recorded at group level (including close collaboration with the Estimates Lead).
- Maintenance of the financial risk tracker to monitor financial pressures for the Department's group (in close collaboration with the Estimates Lead).
- Periodic update of the Department's medium term financial plan to be used for decision making purposes by the Board and Ministers. Drafting the monthly Board finance report, for discussion with the Head of Finance and Finance Director. Pursuing and reconciling any issues arising from those discussions. Coordinating responses and delivering actions from across the finance team and wider department.
- Provide a Business Partner function for stakeholders in and outside of finance, including building strong working relationships with the Core and ALB Finance Business Partner teams, Financial Accounts team, HM Treasury and Strategy / Governance teams.
- Work collaboratively with the core and ALB Finance Business Partner teams on the biannual re-forecasting events in line with HM Treasury deadlines (in collaboration with the Estimates Lead).
- Compilation and analysis of variances between forecasts provided during the year and eventual out-turn for the ALBs and core Department, working closely with the Estimates Lead. Contribute to drafting correspondence relating to these issues to support the year end accounts, including an annual lessons learnt exercise.
- Gain a good understanding of the Estimates and Treasury Reporting System (OSCAR), working closely with the Estimates Lead to provide resilience within the team.
- Upload monthly forecasts in OSCAR in collaboration with the Estimates lead.
- Input into the Departments Estimates process, working closely with the Estimates Lead to ensure the management accounts funding position is reconciled to the Estimate.
- Complete Annual Treasury exercises to agreed timetable (Country and Regional Analysis, Workforce Pay Remit, Private Finance Initiative).
- Assist senior management in coordinating and sourcing responses to major central fiscal or political events with financial consequences, e.g. Spending Review input, Autumn Budget, Estimates, EU exit etc.
As the successful candidate you will be required to work collaboratively with finance colleagues including Senior Management, using their own initiative and working accurately to challenging month end deadlines. You must be extremely organised with excellent people skills and able to liaise effectively with senior stakeholders to ensure robust financial reports are provided to the Executive Board on time.
You will work as part of a wider team, be self-motivating and able to influence others.
Excellent excel and written communication skills are a must
- Full CCAB or CIMA qualification
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including both written and oral communication
- Able to work well under their own initiative (a self-starter)
- Ability to relay financial information to non-financial managers
- Highly numerate analytical skills
- Advanced Excel spreadsheet skills
- Team working skills and ability to work effectively to deadlines
- Demonstrate determination, resilience and an ability to work under pressure and at pace.
- Experience and knowledge of government accounting (Estimates, Managing Public Money and Resource Accounting and Budgeting)
This post offers a wide ranging brief and would particularly suit an individual interested in group financial management with a wide span and opportunity to influence. The role also provides significant exposure to Senior Management as well as HM Treasury. This would be a great role for a strong part-qualified or newly qualified accountant wishing to take on a challenging and high profile reporting role within a central finance team.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + pension
£35000 - £43000 per annum
£55000 - £58000 per annum + Great benefits + flexible working
Interim Finance Business Partner
£300 - £350 per day