Corporate Controller - Commodity Trading
|Job Title:||Corporate Controller - Commodity Trading|
|Salary:||Up to £60,000 plus 20% bonus, 25 days annual leave, private medical, life insurance and 10% non-contributory pension|
|Contact Name:||Justin Hopkins|
|Job Published:||June 11, 2018 15:25|
A global commodities trading business which has demonstrated tremendous growth since inception twenty years ago, is hiring a Corporate Controller to join its growing Finance team.
With an excellent track record of promoting from within as well as growing laterally, you will have ownership for driving the continuous improvement agenda for Finance focussing on Accounting & Control processes.
The successful candidate will have excellent problem ability, be able to approach projects sensibly and an understanding of commodities. The position will involve performing specific controlling roles with primarily a month end focus, however you will also have statutory and monthly management reporting for your own legal entity.
- Financial control and reconciliation of underlying General Ledger balances in SAP and substantiation of these balances.
- Identifying, designing and implementing key SAP processes, e.g. allocations, accruals & reversal, intercompany reconciliations and pre-payments
- Review month end timeline and drive reduction in close timeline and efficiencies across the month end process
- Running relevant month end close procedures in line with the GL close timetable.
- Accountable for the sign off of relevant Profit and Loss and Balance sheet accounts using the GL Sign off tool.
- Supporting all other Finance teams by providing operational interface between Controlling team and Reporting functions, confirming that specific financial data is accurate, reconciled and complete in SAP. Additionally, provide evidence that all relevant data is underpinned by a rigorous governance process.
- Interfacing with Business Planning & Reporting team on integrity of functional specific “actual” data, responding to queries and providing commentary to Business Planning & Reporting Business partners as required.
- Leverage current IT systems and environment to promote the concept of self service and drive standardisation of reporting processes across the company
- Point of contact for other teams querying actual data in SAP, providing commentary as required.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Working knowledge of financial control processes, preferable within commodity trading
- Intermediate working knowledge of Excel, and ideally SAP
- Strong ability to multi-task, work well in a team and solve problems practically.
- Strong bonus potential (20%)
- Fantastic platform to build a progressive career in commodity trading
- Accountability and ownership for process improvement projects
- Opportunity to work in a collaborative culture
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's