City of London, London
£48000 - £55000 per annum + benefits & bonus
6 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Boutique Advisory firm with growing Forensic presence. Well-established in litigation/court work.
Your new company
This boutique Advisory firm is very well-regarded in its field, and has expanded to several UK offices including Offshore. They are specialists in reconstruction, financial distress, fraud and asset recovery, business disputes, and pension covenant reviews. Instructions are generated from a wide range of referrers, including corporates, pension fund trustees, offshore providers of legal, corporate and trust services, regulatory authorities and government agencies/ departments. Within this mandates could come from management, in-house counsel, trust professionals, and local/national/international law and accountancy firms. The Forensic function is in its 3rd year and is now ready to hire in an accountant to train up in Forensic and support the Partner.
Your new role
You'll be trained in a wide range of Forensic Accounting cases, and when suitably experienced be the "face of the case" across the Partner's broad range of mandates. From expert determination to fraud, cases could include:
- Business Disputes (Contract, Negligence, Confidential Information, Intellectual Property, Commercial Agency, Bank Disputes, Commercial Property, Illegal Dividends, Loss of Profits, Loss of Opportunity, Damages, Account of Profits)
- Director and Shareholder Disputes (Contested Business and Share Valuations, Unfair Prejudice)
- Sale of Business Disputes (Warranties, Completion Accounts, Purchase Price Adjustment, Deferred Consideration)
- Partnership and Joint Venture Disputes
- Fraud and Financial Crime (White Collar, Ponzi Schemes, Insolvency, POCA)
- Commercial Insurance Claims (Business Interruption, Loss of Profits, ICW)
- Pension Scheme Disputes
- Professional Negligence (accountancy, insolvency)
Experienced resource from the wider firm will support you in the day-to-day analysis and basic casework, leaving you freer to hone your client, case and people management skills further, as well as engage in business generation when ready.
What you'll need to succeed
The firm are deliberately looking at Audit Supervisors - those who have chosen to stay in audit a little longer than moving as soon as qualified. They appreciate the more advance client management skills that come from having interacted at this higher level. An interest in Forensic Accounting as a career is also clearly advisable! If you would like more information on what Forensics could do for your career, please get in touch.
What you'll get in return
No unnecessary layers between you and the Partner. Learn from a mentor and start to develop your own profile alongside. Plus a firm that has UK and global reach, with an independence leaving it pretty much conflict-free.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.