Kingston upon Thames
£45,000 - £60,000
7 days ago
Profision Capitals Ltd
Specialised FCA-registered investment management firm seeks an individual with accounting background to manage daily and month-end reconciliation and reporting. The ideal candidate would have accounting experience in a fund, fund administrator or financial institution, or similar experiences gained in a practice. However, other industry background can also be considered. Qualified Accountant only.
We expect the candidate to be an important part of the firm’s growth.
The primary responsibility of the Manager, Fund Accounting is to provide regular operational support to the portfolio manager through performing daily and quarterly portfolio reconciliation, analysis and financial reporting. In this role, the person is expected to take full responsibility for financial records of the portfolios being managed and that of the management company.
This is ideal for someone who has had the relevant experiences but wanted to move up to a controller role with more comprehensive responsibilities.
Over time, the role is expected to also act as Company Secretary.
- Record transactions based on broker confirmations in a timely fashion
- Perform daily portfolio reconciliation with broker statements and communicate with external parties to resolve any difference
- Manage the commission, rebate calculation and ensure timely settlement
- Report on daily MTM analysed as required
- Report on certain market metrics on a daily basis
- Prepare month/quarter-end portfolio financial statements working with external stakeholders
- Monitor and analyse tracking error between portfolios under management
- Regulatory reporting – e.g. Transaction Reporting / ICAAP
- Liaise with external accountant to prepare quarterly VAT return and monthly/annual financial statements
- Liaise with external auditors to ensure efficient audit completion
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Accounting qualification obtained whilst working for an accounting firm
- Detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- High level of proficiency with Excel and Microsoft Office
- Fund Accounting experience
- Futures and Options knowledge
This role is suitable for someone who wishes to make an impact by being an integral part of a growing operation.
There is strict Confidentiality requirement for this role