City of London, London
£55000 - £58000 per annum
11 days ago
Are you looking to join a Top 10 accountancy firm experiencing significant growth and change? Would you like to take on a newly created Compliance Manager role in which you will have the opportunity to have a large impact on the future of the firm?
This role has been newly created due to the growth of the firm and the increase in size and complexity of it's clients over the last few years. The firm outsources it's cold file reviews and therefore this role will be responsible for overseeing the outsourced service rather than undertaking the reviews yourself.
Working within the Technical and Training team, you will:
- Respond to all regulatory information requests (e.g. FRC thematic reviews).
- Organise and oversee the Firm's regulatory inspections.
- Complete the annual returns required for the Firm's registrations.
- Co-ordinate and draft the Firm's Transparency Report.
- Identify compliance training needs, prepare and deliver the resulting materials.
- Provide technical support and advice to the Compliance Partners and secretarial support to the Professional Standards Committee.
- Organise, review and summarise the findings from the Firm's cold file reviews.
- Produce and issue the monthly compliance reports.
- Maintain the audit register, professional subscriptions and corporate memberships.
As the successful candidate you will either be working in a compliance role or potentially within an externally facing audit role with the desire to move into compliance. You will also have:
- Professional accountancy qualification (i.e. ICAEW, ACCA or equivalent) with at least 2 years post-qualification experience
- Good working knowledge of accounting standards (UK GAAP and IFRS), Auditing Standards (ISAs), Ethical Standard(s) and the UK regulatory framework (e.g. QAD and AQR).
- Previous experience of:
- working in a similar compliance / technical position;
- providing compliance and technical support;
- responding to regulatory information requests;
- writing and delivering training and compliance materials; and
- working autonomously and as a member of a team.
- Recognised and evidenced ability to:
- deal with complex, multi-faceted issues and reach clear evidenced based conclusions; and
- communicate verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong administrative skills (i.e. time and project management).
Please apply on-line for immediate consideration. Once you have applied if you have any questions call 0203 22 55 060.
Please also note that due to the volume of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted. If you have not received a response within two weeks, please assume your application for this role was unsuccessful.