Up to £43000 per annum + car allowance & bonus
13 days ago
The main objectives within this role are to evaluate, manage and influence specific business segments, ensuring robust financial control across new and existing business, marketing spend, and cost management. This Commercial Finance Analyst role is a 13 month Fixed Term Contract (FTC)
Our client based in Hertfordshire are looking for a Commercial Finance Analyst who is looking to move into a highly commercial area or an individual in an analytical and commercial role looking to take on an exceptionally fast paced challenge with unrivalled senior management exposure.
- First point of contact for Heads of department and business partner to various senior Managers
- Responsible for ensuring all new and existing business has been robustly and accurately assessed, both financially and commercially
- Work with senior managers to provide insight and challenge across all tenders.
- Coach and support business partners in systems use and key financial metrics. Own and manage trackers of new and existing business. Ensure all new business aligns to pricing and margins of existing business with variances and exceptions explained
- Provide continuous insight on pricing and costs, ensuring the approved pricing is being charged across the non-branded portfolio and explaining and exceptions to expected costings
- Conduct full quarterly business review providing appropriate logic for allocation of non-product costing. Present information to senior managers along with appropriate recommendations for corrective action
- Own and manage trial, design and supplier survey costs control to ensure spend forecast is robust and accurate
- Own non-branded forecast by reviewing sales forecast and overlay brand commercial acumen on a monthly basis; provide best in class insight to stakeholders on non-branded performance
- Own quarterly forecasting process, budgeting and long term planning with support from Finance Manager
- Prepare monthly commercial analysis and reporting to be presented to the Exec
- Month End and ad hoc reporting and analysis as required
- Ability to challenge appropriately and influence at all levels, using data to provide insights and make suitable recommendations
- Strong business partnering skills and the ability to build relationships cross functionally
- Experience of explaining finance to non-finance
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional organisation skills and the ability to adapt to an agile environment
- Ability to adapt communication styles for different levels, individuals and situations
- Strong IT skills, particularly within excel
- SAP and Business Objects skills beneficial
The successful Commercial Finance Analyst will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, with the opportunity for flexible working hours. This role is a FTC however this opportunity does have the potential to become permanent.