£55000 - £65000 per annum
16 days ago
The role of Commercial Analyst is to ensure the building of detailed, robust, accurate and commercially viable bid models to support the new business team in successfully bidding for and winning new contracts.
Providing challenge on key commercial and operational assumptions and offering solutions or options for improving commercial performance.
A Large business services organisation based in central London.
Developing detailed commercial models:
- Building complex, dynamic commercial models to be used to prepared bids for new contracts
- Ensure bid models are to the required standard (accuracy, flexibility, correct level of detail and delivered in a timely manner)
- Provide commercial and financial challenge to bid proposals to ensure all assumptions / approach are realistic as well as commercially viable
- Work closely with other Finance functions to ensure the latest corporate assumptions are included within the models (e.g. corporate overheads to be included)
Influencing bid decisions:
- Prepare and present the finance section of papers / presentations for bids both for internal review and external parties which provide clarity and insight into the key commercial aspects of bids
- Work closely with the bid team to ensure the deal commercials are considered from the start of the bid process and maintain a close working relationship with the bid team throughout the process
- Liaise with the Operational teams and relevant Finance functions to ensure bid models / forecasts are operationally deliverable
- Anticipation of future risks / issues and addressing them before any adverse impact on the bid
- ACA,ACCA orCIMA qualified
- Advanced Excel Modelling (specifically building dynamic complex models)
- Ability to review and understand complex contracts and determine key commercial issues
- Extremely computer literate with word and power points skills as well as advanced excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, able to articulate reports / complex analysis to senior management level
- Contract negotiating skills
- Salary £55,00 to £65,000
- Contributory pension
- Private healthcare