11 days ago
Led by a team of forward-thinking Partners and Directors, our Scottish Audit practice continues to meet ambitious growth targets and develop the team and service offerings. The team has a wide range of experience across a number of sectors, gained in practice and industry, ensuring that we can constantly adapt to our clients’ requirements. From large corporates to owner managed businesses with exceptional growth potential, we are proud of the client partnerships we have established to date.
Today's global marketplace is constantly changing and evolving but dynamic businesses are agile, adapting to the environment. Auditing and financial reporting remains high on the agenda as the implications of not getting it right can be serious. Robust reporting with independent opinion gives confidence to businesses who are constantly driving for open and transparent growth.
In this varied and commercial role, we are committed to developing your existing skills with a view to supporting your future career aspirations.
- We will empower you to act as trusted business advisers to our clients
- Opportunities to attend and participate in client meetings
- You will be trusted to oversee all aspects of audit for a portfolio of clients
- Preparing and reviewing work papers and drafts of financial statements
- Overall responsibility for allocating work to other members of the audit team, working with Associates to ensure that they understand their responsibilities and that any areas for development are identified
- Responsibility for producing commercial management reports and input into sections of the report to management
Who we are looking for
- You will have experience of leading audits of varying sizes across a range of industries
- A genuine interest in our clients with an ability to confidently discuss business challenges and needs
- We have an open and collaborative culture and as such, you need the ability to communicate confidently and effectively with colleagues and clients at all levels
- An interest in maintaining and developing your technical knowledge in order to facilitate and lead valuable discussions with our clients
Education and qualifications
- Professional qualification such as ACA, ICAS or ACCA (minimum criteria)
- Intermediate Excel skills are essential
- Exposure to Case Ware is desirable
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to progress your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and beyond. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.