Commercial Accountant - Asset Finance
|Job Title:||Commercial Accountant - Asset Finance|
|Contact Name:||Richard Hope|
|Job Published:||November 07, 2018 16:39|
Halliday Marx is working with a leading City based Property Management company which is recruiting a newly qualified ACA (or equivalent) to join its dynamic and professional finance team in a commercial accounting role, within it's Asset Finance team.
Reporting to the Asset Finance Manager, in the Commercial Finance team of 15, this role is highly commercial in nature but with accurate reporting at its core.
- This is a role working within the commercial asset reporting team with a focus on providing detailed analysis on the financial strength of counterparties to Asset transactions which will include due diligence on new property acquisitions. Financial analysis will require critical appraisal of the underlying transaction with value being added by identifying and highlighting opportunities to mitigate risk.
- Playing a key role in the production and delivery of monthly operational and management reports.
- Responsibility for management accounting and reporting for Developments.
- Providing financial support to the operational team and acting as a key contact on any financial matters.
- Acting as a key contact point for Asset related queries
- Carry out analysis of the covenant strength of potential counterparties for new lettings and other relevant property transactions. In addition, provide covenant analysis to the new business team for larger strategic transactions.
- Assist in the production of the monthly Board Report for Asset reporting lines by providing commentary and analysis.
- Work with IS and Modelling Teams to develop additional reports to identify potential value add opportunities or to increase exposure to areas not currently reviewed.
- Provide the treasury department with forecasts on asset related cash movements to enable them to manage cash flows.
- Preparation of any ad hoc invoice requests required by Asset Managers as well as providing nominal ledger coding for invoices where required.
- Provide supporting schedules to the statutory accounts team for any asset related queries that may arise during the audit process.
- Involved with the annual asset budgeting process.
- ACA (or equivalent) qualified, with experience from a well established Accounting Practice preferred
- Post-Practice Industry experience an advantage but not an expectation
- Strong MS Excels skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills particularly in presenting financial information to non-finance staff
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload
- An interest and awareness of developments within the property industry and factors affecting the industry
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in a team
- The desire and willingness to investigate and challenge information presented to them.
- Self-motivated and ambitious
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Commercial Managment Accountant
£45000 - £55000 per annum
Senior Commercial Management Accountant
£38000 - £45000 per annum
£30000 - £40000 per annum
Audit Seniors/Assistant Managers - Asset Management
£38000 - £42000 per annum