York, North Yorkshire
£35000 - £45000 per annum
7 days ago
Marks Sattin are currently working with a rapidly expanding Independent Accountancy Practice on the outskirts of York.
As a qualified Accountant you will be tasked with running an expanding Accounting team at their unique offices.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of year end accounts, tax, PAYE or VAT based work from information supplied by client to the required standards.
- Identifies points to raise with clients and to raise potential for additional services including added value services and advice.
- Finalises paperwork for dispatch to client, HMRC in a timely manner meeting required deadlines and quality.
- Liaise with client to obtain relevant information for their accounts, acting in a proactive way and ensuring attention to details and effective questioning of client.
- Monitor own job quality and quantity in line with agreed budgets, meeting these targets and exceeding where possible
- Record own chargeable time and ensure maximum recovery
- Support team mates by providing on the job coaching
- Use appropriate support networks to clarify knowledge on complex queries
- Book-keeping, ledger maintenance, supplier maintenance and management accounts, as and when required.
- Prepare client tax returns based on information supplied by client, advise on tax payable and payment dates and to meet deadlines in line with the firms standards.
- Assisting clients with accounts software and other book-keeping queries as required.
- Involvement in networking and business generation under the guidance of more senior team members.
- Continuous Interaction with Clients on Tax Planning Strategies and various matters of their Companies.
- Preparation, review and Finalization of Annual Accounts, Corporation Tax & Personal Tax Returns and Submitting the same to Companies House and HMRC within due dates.
- Ability to review a complete accounts files quickly and efficiently
- Good in communication skills and negotiation skills.
- Excellent problem resolutions skills and ideas generation ability
- Ability to review a complete personal tax returns quickly and efficiently
- In depth accounts preparation Knowledge
- Knowledge of Accounts systems essentially Sage and their uses and benefits
Interested candidates should apply as soon as possible for immediate consideration.