Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
|Job Title:||Chief Financial Officer (CFO)|
|Job Published:||November 29, 2018 09:51|
About the role
This is a unique role which will give the individual the opportunity to shape and create the team who will contribute to the successful delivery of the Birmingham 2022 Games. You will be a member of the Executive Management team (EMT) of the Birmingham 2022 Organising Committee, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The CFO will oversee all the Organising Committee’s financial matters ranging from statutory compliance and reporting to ensuring strong commercial outcomes and efficient use of the Games budget. The CFO will lead the Financial Planning and Financial Management functions – the Heads of these functions are already recruited, and the team size will grow in line with the evolving needs of the organisation, expected to peak at above 20 staff members.
- This role will be responsible for setting the strategic direction of the OC for all financial matters – including responsibility for control and efficient-use of the Games budget.
- You will provide leadership to the Finance functions, ensure they operate effectively, and support the wider organisation in commercial negotiations and delivering to budget.
- You will have oversight and responsibility for the OC’s Financial Governance and Internal Control framework, enabling the Board to fulfil its responsibilities in this area.
- You will be the OC’s lead representative on a variety of external forums, building strong working relationships with government, city council and other Games stakeholders.
- You will provide advice on all financial matters to the Board, CEO and other managers in the company.
- You will also be responsible for appropriate levels of financial reporting, including regular budget review statements, annual accounts and any ad hoc reports as required for presentation to governance forums.
- The role will involve monitoring compliance with all statutory requirements and regulatory authorities.
- You will ensure the required policies and procedures are in place and will oversee relationships with the external auditors and co-ordinate internal audit reviews as required.
- You will be a true leader providing strategic direction to a team which you will create, train and develop to the appropriate level to help deliver the Games.
The successful candidate will have strong commercial acumen and considerable experience leading a multi-disciplinary Finance team within a complex environment. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in leadership and people management. Experience of dealing with various business disciplines on large projects and having operated in public sector or a regulated environment would be advantageous. You will be able to demonstrate strong decision-making skills in a fast-paced and changing environment, and the ability to influence others and provide robust challenge and direction to ensure business and financial objectives are met. You will be skilled communicator and have good interpersonal and negotiation skills to command confidence, respect and trust from everyone around you.
Membership of accountancy professional body (CPA or CA or equivalent status).
The successful candidate must meet the security requirements of the role. The level of security needed is SC (Security Check).
For more details, download the job description.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's