18 days ago
Direct Line Group
An exciting opportunity has opened up for a Financial Analysis manager to join Direct Line Group in the Bromley offices on a permanent basis. This person will engage with Personal Lines’ Business Partners and key business stakeholders to ensure that across all financial statements the business has the necessary information and advice to ensure alignment of their decision making with the Group’s financial objectives, long term value maximisation and strategic priorities.
- To work with the Business Partners across Personal lines to ensure that business priorities and issues are understood and treated appropriately in defining and creating the analysis, information and advice to drive improved business performance
- Develop robust and insightful analysis to support business decision making, including Budgeting and Forecasting
- Developing the models and tools necessary to ensure accurate reflection of performance and business plans
- Ensure visibility and transparency of assumptions within Forecasts
- Support 3rd party partner relationships with relevant reporting, commentary and attendance at joint management meetings where appropriate
- Support in the development of new 3rd party contracts, ensuring that the financial terms and their consequences are fully understood
- Ensure payments made to 3rd parties via commission and profit shares correctly reflect contractual terms and financial performance
- Business case construction - Support project teams and in house PL/CL Finance Investment Appraisal Team in creation of investment appraisals, including robust challenge of business assumptions
- Support the business and other Finance colleagues to understand and challenge month end financial performance and on-going KPI trends. Inform, support and challenge the business and finance stakeholders to achieve and exceed budgeted commitments
- Insurance industry knowledge and experience highly desirable
- Good understanding of insurance principles
- Understand claims and reserving principles
- Exceptionally strong financial modelling skills and ability to apply modelling best practice
- Qualified Accountant
Life at Direct Line Group
Let our colleagues answer your questions and tell you what it’s really like to work at DLG. Visit our discussion hub (https://directlinegroupcareers.career-inspiration.com/app/home/) to find out why Direct Line Group is a special place to work.
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.