£30357.00 - £32997.00 per annum + pension
8 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
A part qualified or qualified accountant is needed for a permanent capital role in South Oxfordshire.
Your new company
Operating across the whole of the UK with a combined budget of more than £6 billion, my client is a new entity that brings together nine partners to create an independent organisation with a strong voice for research and innovation, and a vision to ensure the UK maintains its world-leading position in research and innovation. They will build on the successful elements from the current funding system and maximise the contribution of each of the component parts to create the best environment for research and innovation to flourish.
Your new role
A position of Capital Management Accountant has arisen within the Financial Control pillar of my client's Corporate Finance department. The role is based near Didcot, Oxfordshire although occasional travel to other sites will be required. The Financial Control pillar is principally responsible for the production of the Annual Report and Accounts and the maintenance of the General Ledger and monthly transactions. The position will be solely focussed on the management of the fixed assets and requires a proactive individual who is highly organised with strong analytical and communication skills. Prior knowledge of Oracle is desirable.
What you'll need to succeed
- qualified or part-qualified accountant with relevant experience
- experience in a financial accounting environment substantiated by a proven track record
- good working knowledge of the International Financial Reporting Standards relating to Non-Current Assets - tangible and intangible
- strong analytical skills and good attention to detail
- good working knowledge of data mining within MS Excel
- good working knowledge of MS Word and PowerPoint
- experience in the creation and management of Fixed Assets
- experience of complex GL account reconciliations
- ability and experience of presenting and explaining financial information to non-financial staff
- flexible and a self-motivated individual
- occasional travel to other sites will be required.
- experience in large capital projects
- experience of Oracle Project Accounting, General Ledger, and Fixed Assets modules.
What you'll get in return
My client recognises and values employees as individuals and aim to provide a pay and rewards package that motivates staff to perform to the best of their ability. The reward package includes a flexible working scheme, a Career Average Revalued Earnings pension scheme, 30 days annual leave allowance and a number of other benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.