Business Valuations Director
|Job Title:||Business Valuations Director|
|Salary:||75000 - 90000|
|Job Published:||September 06, 2018 10:49|
Menzies LLP is the British Accountancy Awards Winner for 2016 - 'National Firm of the Year' and we are recruiting for a talented individual to be our new Business Valuations Director to be based from either the London or Woking (Surrey) office.
Business Valuations work provides the opportunity for a variety of assignments. The nature of the work is project based and covers a spectrum of industries and transactions. As no two valuations are the same, the work requires a high level of adaptability, flexibility and innovation.
The focus of the work may be divided into the following categories:
- Commercial – We advise companies, partnerships and individuals on valuations for acquisitions, disposals and mergers across a range of industries.
- Taxation – We regularly undertake valuations for fiscal purposes mostly in relation to share schemes and probate valuations, and work together with our tax teams on all aspects of tax valuation issues.
- Dispute Resolution –We deal with valuations for divorce purposes, shareholder disputes and other expert valuations, and act as independent experts to the Court.
- Regulatory and Accounting - combining valuation and accounting skills, the team deals with the requirements for valuations under UK GAAP and international accounting standards. We also assist the firm’s audit teams in the audit of accounting fair values.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility for the performance of valuations of businesses, shares, share options, intangible assets and certain other financial assets for the above purposes.
- Managing and developing a team of specialist valuations staff, including the delegation and supervision of valuation work.
- Active engagement in marketing activity, including the development and exploitation of existing networks, the development of new contacts and presenting at marketing events.
- Oversight of the development of team processes and procedures, including identifying opportunities for improvement and executing these as necessary.
- Delivery of valuations to assignment budget and timetable.
- Generate ideas to maximise profitability, and support revenue generation initiatives.
- Be pro-active about managing own development.
- Liaison with the relationship team and adhering to our agreed code of conduct is essential.
- Some travel to other Menzies offices across the south east will be required.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Eligibility to work in the UK without any restrictions.
- ACA qualified or equivalent, along with strong academic qualifications.
- At least six years’ full-time business valuations experience with either another accounting firm or specialist valuations firm.
- Extensive experience of share and business valuation techniques including earnings multiples and discounted cash flows.
- Experience of purchase price allocation methodologies for intangible asset valuations, and share option valuation approaches, would also be desirable. Previous exposure to Transfer Pricing work may be desirable also.
- Strong interpersonal skills and client focus are important, as are attention to detail, the ability to work under pressure and the ability to confidently defend valuation opinions.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's